Monday, February 25, 2008

Swimmer or Gymnast?

What will Brie be? Scott has always thought it would be cool if she wanted to do gymnastics and be a gymnast. But, she might just choose to be a swimmer.
We took Brie to "The Little Gym" for a trial class to see how she liked it. Of course, she LOVED it. She ran and jumped and played with all the other kids. She had a great time on all the gymnastics equipment. And I must say, she was really good. I was in the lobby area with other parents and I overheard a group of parents saying how surprised and amazed they were that "that little girl" could walk the balance beam like that with no problem. The teacher was shocked when he put her on the monkey bar and she could hang there for a long time and then do chin ups when he told her to. She is now enrolled in "The Little Gym" until June. She goes every Tuesday evening and comes home with all kinds of new things she learned. The latest one that she and Scott show me is the "donkey kick". Hilarious.
On Saturday we decided we would go to the rec center and go swimming. We had to wait until after naps because they weren't open in the morning. I made the mistake of telling Brie that we were going swimming after her nap when I put her down. She was WAY too excited then. She couldn't sleep and kept saying, "I so excited!" and "I need my swim suit and swim diaper." I left her alone for a little while to see if she would sleep. When I went to check on her the above picture is what I found. She had taken off her dress, shirt, and tights and put on a swim diaper (over her other one), her swim suit, her shoes and one of Ava's knit hats. We were laughing so hard that we gave up on the nap and went swimming.

P.S. Brie has never seen a swim cap or heard of a swim cap, so I have no idea why she chose to wear one other than maybe a true swimmers intuition??? But, then I have no explanation for her choice in shoes. And I absolutely did not tell her to pose that way. It made me a little nervous.

5 comments:

Dunn Family said...

You guys are so cute! Brie is a little smartie pants! You are so good to take the kids swimming. What rec center did you go to, that looks like fun!

Melody said...

She's got the tiny little gymnast body, I say she goes for it! What a cutie.

laura said...

Non-stop fun in Utah. Did you know that Kea still does not know how to take off her clothes or put new ones on. I am still dressing her. Please let Brie come over and give her lessons.

Sarah A said...

I think you should take down all your cute pictures of Brie and replace them with that swimsuit picture. Priceless. And also hilarious.

Teresa said...

I think Brie will be a gymnast. And I too love the swim picture. She looks so, so cute. The pool looks like fun, I love going even if it did give me a fungus. :0