Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day from Brie and Ava.

Here is little Ava on her first Valentine's day. She is all smiles and very happy. I'm sure it's because of the candy she'll be getting through me later :) She's wearing the shirt that Brie wore her first Valentine's day. Ava is just filling it out a lot more. Such a cute girl. The day started out great for Brielle. She came downstairs and found some Valentine's presents, candy, balloon and cards. She was totally excited and kept saying that Santa came. Well, kind of. The presents were some books that I bought and wrapped for Christmas. When I saw how much she was getting that morning though I put them away in a closet for another celebration. Perfect! Brie's Valentine's day got bad from there. I took the girls shopping. Ava was in the baby bjorn and Brie was sitting in the back of the shopping cart. I stopped to look at something and when I turned back I saw (it felt like in slow motion) Brie reaching for something from the back end of the cart. She flipped out of the cart onto the cement floor. I've always been afraid of this happening and now it did! It was so sad and scary. I took Ava and laid her on the bjorn in the back of the cart and held Brie and tried to make sure she was ok. She calmed down pretty easily and only complained of her finger hurting. She has a little bump on her forehead. She's sleeping now, but we are debating on taking her to be checked out. A head landing on a cement floor is a scary thing.

Hopefully things get better from here. If all is well with Brie, Scott and I are leaving the girls with a babysitter and going ice skating for the sweetheart couples ice skating night. Sounds fun, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with the same bump on my head as Brie and needing to be taken to be x-rayed as well.

We hope you have a nice Valentine's day! Much love from us to you!

3 comments:

laura said...

They are so cute. I have never had a kid fall out of a cart- because everytime I have a kid back there, some well-meaning woman comes up to me and cautions me on it. Looks like they have good reason to. As far as the bump- if her eyes ARE dilating and she's not lethargic or throwing up-she's fine. Believe me, Kea's head meets concrete(or walls, carpet, tables, chairs, etc.) on a very regular basis.

Buchanan House said...

I think I'd have her checked out just to make sure that there won't be a problem later on. I hope she will be OK. Ask Brian about it.

Teresa said...

Poor Brie. That is so sad. I remember how I felt when Jacob was standing up in the stroller and fell down head first on the asphalt.:( The girls look great for Valentines day and going couple skating sounds like a GREAT time. I don't know what I would do on a pair of skates.