He started out the evening with a very romantic dinner with our two girls and the babysitter. It was cute. He got the heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's and root beer! Delicious. He also made an amazing (diet friendly) treat for before and after. He drizzled chocolate on pretzels. I was in heaven with all that saltiness and sweetness.
We got onto the rink for sweethearts couples ice skating night and found ourselves surrounded by high school kids. It was just like at the mall. They were all in little groups talking and watching the other groups and showing off for each other. Hilarious. It made it that much more fun to watch the high schoolers. I think we were the oldest couple there.
Scott did very well on his ice hockey skates and I managed to make my way around the rink. I got faster and faster and more confident in my skills. I was actually so excited that I had learned to go backwards, kind of learned to stop and had gone around the rink many times and hadn't fallen once. 

And here is my grand finale finish. We decided to go around one more time and then head home. Scott started video taping me though. It made me so nervous. I turned around to say something to him and just as he was turning off the camera . . . I bit it. I can't believe I'm sharing this video.
8 comments:
If only I had recorded 3 seconds more. We also tried some of the moves from Blades of Glory, turns out we can't skate nearly as good as them.
That was so hilarious. I wish there was three more seconds, but that was funny enough. I loved hearing about how wonderful you were doing and then in the last round you bit it. Sounds like a very fun date, and I am trying to figure out what kind of pretzels Scott is pouring chocolate on to. Are they bread pretzels? That sounds really good.
Thanks for sharing your nearly perfect Valentines Day. The video is great! Chocolate pretzels sound sooo good, I never thought of just drizzling it, great idea! Mom
I love how you can hear Alicia start to scream right before the camera turns off.
Oh Scott- why did you stop recording! That looks so fun- and funny. I am so mad at myself. I swore I was going to get that pizza this year and I forgot. Next year, maybe Scott can remind me.
WOW! You two look great! I took an ice skating class at Utah State University back in 1958 and loved it. I even got an A grade in the class. Where have the past 50 years gone? I don't think I could even stand up on skates now let alone actually skate.
you guys are so much fun!!! And Scott, so romantic! We really do need to get together sometime soon. Sorry about all the craziness on our end! You have a cute family!
Alicia,
You look so thin! How do you take off the baby weight? Brooklyn is 4 months old now and I've only lost 5 pounds! I'm getting so frustrated!!
Post a Comment