Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa

Brielle and I flew back to Salt Lake City yesterday. We weren't quite ready to leave, but Scott was ready to have us home and we are thrilled to be home with him again. I am so glad that a trip "home" to Bakersfield is as easy as it is. I drive to the SLC airport, get on a plane and an hour and twenty minutes later I'm home. We had a wonderful time with everyone and loved being at Mom and Dad's house. Brielle thoroughly enjoyed herself. She loved all the toys grandma had, she loved the dog, she loved playing with all of the cousins (most of the time), she loved the pool, she was so happy to be with Grandma and Grandpa Allred. It was great. Here are pictures of Brie's trip to visit Grandma and Grandpa Allred's house.

Brie found Tawna and Krista's stash of hair accessories the first day. She would get it out any chance she had to decorate herself up.
We went swimming in my parents pool almost every day. We both were very happy to be in that pool. It is the perfect temperature and felt so good. Brie got very brave in the water. She would dive to me off the step and didn't mind being under.
Brie and Piko formed a beautiful relationship. Brie didn't want to eat her food, so offered it to a very willing Piko the dog. Her cousin Aiden does the same thing. Piko is one happy dog.
Brie was also interested in Piko's food. This is when I found her splashing around in Piko's water and eating Piko's dog food. Yuck!
Grandpa Allred reading a book to Kea, Brie and Davin. We both loved being with cousins and most especially when we combined cousins and USA frozen yogurt. I'm not sure why, but USA yogurt has become a part of going to Bakersfield and it is GOOD!
This is Brie on the plane flying back home to Daddy. I'm sure seeing Scott was her favorite part of the trip. She smiled so big and laughed and yelled "DA DA!!" the whole way home. She was beyond excited to be with him again. And so was I.

6 comments:

Scott B. said...

I am very glad to have you both home.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that you are back and that you had a fantastic time. We look forward to seeing you.

Jessica said...

um....why are there no pictures of you in this post. It is as though you are the phantom mother. Looks like you all had fun! Hooray for USA yogurt.

laura said...

Was camping that bad. You have wiped it from your memory.

Todd and Anna said...

Glad you are home to take care of Scott now, I am sure he missed you both. It is very nice that you can fly to quickly to Bakersfield and be "home" in less then a few hours, very nice.

Sarah A said...

1. The dirt of camping.
2. The heat of Bakersfield
3. Playing with Piko.
What more could you ask of a vacation?