We had a GREAT 4th of July yesterday. I have always loved the 4th of July. It is definitely one of my favorite holidays. It's such a good one. It's a warm, summer day to be with family and friends. You usually get to swim. There is a fun, festive spirit, there are pancake breakfasts and barbeques, there are parades, there is patriotic music and best of all . . . fireworks!! I like that there isn't any pressure or stress to the holiday (like Christmas). No presents to be bought and it's ok if you don't get to be with all your family. It is the perfect day.
Brielle got to ride on the fantastic float that Brian and Rachel built for their family for the parade. They did a great job and I think Brie had a good time being with her cousins and waving to all of her adoring fans. But mostly I think she liked that she got to eat Skittles the whole way.



At the end of the parade route there is a big party at the park. They also have bounce houses and snow cones and bands and games. Brielle and I got to play there a little bit and then we headed off to Grandma and Papa's house. 
Fred served us up some strawberry rhubarb pie that he had made (by now it's only 10:45am) and Brielle read and danced with Grandma and listened to Papa's songs in the rocking chair.

By then it was nap time . . . for all of us. We went home and had a nice afternoon nap in a very cool house and it felt great! We got our 4th of July barbeque at dinner time when Scott grilled us steaks and we had corn on the cob, watermelon and root beer! Doesn't get better than that.

We had to entertain Brie enough to keep her awake for some fireworks, so we blew up her whale pool and we all swam in the back yard. (I am not including pictures of me in the whale pool, for fear of my dad playing "Find the Whale".)
We decided not to do one of the big fireworks shows at the parks or the Bees game, although it was tempting. Instead, we went to the Rojas house and watched their firework show in the street. It was great and there were no crowds!


We started our day with the annual neighborhood pancake breakfast that Scott grew up with. It is at the Nielsen's house and it is a huge deal. There is so much good food, tons of people, bounce houses for the kids, etc. We were only there for a short time and then had to run to the Millcreek Parade.
3 comments:
I love all of your pics from the 4th! They are so cute! We actually have a blog now. In fact, we have the same background. The address is dunnfam3.blogspot.com. Thanks for watching Zoey today.
I love your 4th of July! I loved it last year when we were there. The float is great, I can't believe they did that with a new baby. Ours was quiet; Landon, us, the Hays and the Stinnetts. I really love Brielle's pool! It is so cute! Are the rojas your neighbors? You really did all of SLC.
I really like your account of the 4th of July. Brielle looks so cute on the float and in her whale pool. Thanks for spending a bit of the day with us.
Post a Comment