Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Bakersfield . . . No, Not Baker!

Brielle and I are at my parent's house in Bakersfield. We just all of a sudden decided to take a trip "home" this summer before I wasn't able to travel anymore. I hadn't purchased a ticket, so we were lucky enough to get to use a buddy pass from one of Scott's friends that works for Delta. We just went to the airport on Monday hoping to get on the plane (riding stand by) and they had one seat left. So, we jumped on and an hour later were in good ole' Bakersfield. Bakersfield often times is confused with Baker, CA. No, it is not the town with the huge thermometer.

It has been great. Brie is so excited to be here with the new toys, the new grandparents, her little cousin Aiden and most especially, the dog. Laura, Brian and their kids came back to town last night, so we are excited to see them today. We've already been in the pool a lot, eaten Mexican food and USA frozen yogurt. Those are some of the traditions of visiting home. Today there are two pool parties here. Fun! Tomorrow we are all going to Sequoia National Forest to go camping!! Yahoo! I love Sequoia. It is where we always camped growing up. The first night will just be the women and all the kids/babies. Should be interesting.

So, we are here and having fun. Scott is at home working a ton. Please take care of him while we are gone. We'll try to get on a plane next Monday or Tuesday!

1 comment:

Todd and Anna said...

Scott must be busy at work since he hasn't been adding to the blog, that's ok though, we haven't done much on ours either. Hope that Alicia is having fun in Baker...I mean Bakersfield. We hope to see lots of fun pictures from your trip soon....