Thursday, June 06, 2013

School's Out for Summer!

(Finally. Gotta get back to blogging. Get ready for a flood of posts.)

The end of the school year came with a lot of sadness this year instead of real excitement. Brielle was so sad to leave her friends for the summer. She LOVES going to school and I think it is mostly because she gets to be with all her little girly friends. Ava was sad to leave Ms. Chris and not get to go back to preschool. 

On Ava's last day of preschool she decided to dress up for the occasion. 
We also went to the store to choose a gift for Ms. Chris and she was dead set on this beautiful, bird wind chime that she chose herself. She just knew it would be the perfect gift. I'm sure Ms. Chris loved it.

Brielle had a lot more going on to finish out her school year. They had their end of the year program. I had been hearing about this program for weeks. She was singing the songs all the time to practice for the big performance. She promised me it was "going to be a hit". It really was. I loved it. What I loved most was hearing them sing their songs in Spanish. I'm shocked at their accents and pronunciation. Simply beautiful. I really did tear up.
Senora Martinez - we LOVED her!!
Ms. Neslen.
As we got to the last week of school, we got a list of fun events that would be happening each day of the last week. Brielle was so excited. And then, she got sick. For three days. The girl had not been sick all year long. Hadn't missed a day of school or even been late. And now she was missing all the fun with only days left of school. So sad.
She rallied back just in time for the day at the park. The kids and I walked up to the park just to check on her. We found her having the best time, totally happy and running around playing. I guess she was all better.
Best obstacle course ever. Zach and Ava got to go through a few times too.
And they found the buckets of waiting water toys for the school kids to have a water fight at the end. 
Brielle and her best friend, Brielle.
Kate fell completely in love at the park. She hugged and kissed this little dog and was squealing and giggling she was so excited. 
The last day of first grade finally did come for Brielle. She took a gift for her teachers (drink cup with crystal light individual packets inside) and wore her white shirt for everyone to sign. It seemed to be a happy day after all. All done with the first grade. 

No comments: