The much anticipated dance recital came. The girls look forward to getting their costumes and being in the big show all year long. They were so excited for this one. This year's recital was Pinocchio.
Brielle was a village girl. She was the very first dance on stage. She did great job remembering her dance and had a wonderful time. Ballet is totally her thing.
Brielle is on the far right.
Ava was a puppet. She danced to "I've Got No Strings". It was the cutest tap dance that even included a little booty shake which she is REALLY good at. She's been doing a lot more shaking her booty at us these days. Ava had fun too and looked adorable.
Ava is just to the right of the older girl.
This year things got a little tricky because the girls performances were not on the same night. So Scott and Ava went to see Brielle's show while I stayed home with Zach and Kate. The next night Brielle and I went to see Ava perform. I wondered if they would be sad we were not both there, but they didn't seem to mind a bit and actually were thrilled to see the show. They have never been able to sit and watch the whole show before and they loved it.
Brielle headed into performance night and Ava just completing dress rehearsal. Everyone dressed for a pic.
Checking Brielle in downstairs on her night.Ava's turn.
Some BRIGHT flowers for the dancer.
3 comments:
I love seeing them ready to perform. We will really have to come see recitals one year!
How cute! That sounds like such a GREAT dance opportunity -- to be part of a REAL show every year. I'm glad your sticking with it, and that the girls seem to love it so much. They look adorable.
I just caught up on your many, many other posts! yay! Looks like you've all had a great summer so far. Your grilled salmon dinners sound especially good to me right now, for some reason. (and I'm not even a salmon lover, remember?) :)
Post a Comment