I had heard from a number of people how much they loved going to Palisade State Park and staying in the cabins. We didn't know anything about the area, but I was looking for a short little trip for the family to kick off summer. So, I booked two nights at one of the cabins.
It was not what I expected. It was more desert and hot than mountains and green. We still had a really great time though. The cabin was big and gave everyone a bed, had electricity and AC. The lake was right outside so we just played in the water for two days.
Scott slow cooking us a delicious salmon over the coals. It was such a good dinner, but what you don't see here are the drips of sweat running down his face and the smoke pouring in his eyes while he slaves over the grill and the sun beats down on him. We all hid inside with the AC. Thanks Scott!
Kate waiting patiently for dinner.Evening swim down at the lake after dinner. A family left us their dollar store raft when they left for the day. The kids jumped in and used it as a canoe.
In the morning, Scott took the kids geocaching. They are totally into finding geocaches and found a few good ones around here.
I started on breakfast - Eggs In A Frame.
We took a little trip into Manti (5 miles) for the morning to visit the temple and get ice cream.
Superhero Scoop!! Zachary loved it. This was seriously one of the cutest ice cream and candy shops. I loved it too.
By the afternoon, we were back to the lake for the rest of the day. Tawna even came and joined us. It was so fun to just sit and watch the kids play in the water. Scott and I braved getting in (it was freezing) and swimming to a floating platform to jump off.
Kate loving that I brought junk food along - perfectly happy with Cheetos and Red Vines.
Zachary caught a Tuna fish!!Headed out to the water with his shorts pulled up tight and tube securely fastened. Water safety first.
Cuddling up in the cool morning with the early risers while everyone else keeps sleeping.
It was pretty windy in the morning and luckily Scott was cool enough to remember to bring our new kite. He took the kids out to fly the gigantic penguin.One of my favorite pictures of Scott ever! He looks so cute!
Zachy helping Cakers up the hill. Love it.
And the aftermath of a fun trip - Kate has a huge scrap along her cheek from the underwire of my swim suit, a giant bruise on the other cheek from falling off the bench and a slight sunburn. Poor baby.
1 comment:
I loved that place! If we're still here next summer we'll have to go back together or go somewhere camping together!
Post a Comment