
We went to a wedding reception on Friday night. It was very nice for us (chocolate covered strawberries), but it was heaven on earth for
Brielle. A wedding reception is
Brielle's FAVORITE thing to do. I told her about it when we went to buy the gift and then she talked about going for three days straight. She was
SOOOO excited. The day finally came and it felt like we were going to Disneyland. She chose what she was going to wear (a big puffy white dress too) and what Ava was going to wear. When I showed her the dress I was wearing, she told me she didn't think that was such a good idea and chose something different for me (which actually was cuter).
At the reception, she and Ava danced and twirled on the dance floor. When Brie got to meet the bride it was exactly like meeting one of the Disney princesses. She hugged her and was thrilled. We stayed as long as possible, but then had to go. Brie cried the whole way out saying, "But I want to see them dance. But I want to see them dance." So sad.
So, the next day we dressed up in our wedding dresses for our own dance. Brie has been asking me to do this for a long time and we finally had a dress up day. I came out in my wedding dress, Brie came out in her wedding dress and we danced and danced to Disney Princess songs.




Ava rocked out with a
mohawk and a ballerina tutu.

So fun. Now, let's hope it's another 5 1/2 years before I have to get into that dress again!
8 comments:
I'm sooo impressed you can fit into your wedding dress!
Those days are long gone for me, I'm afraid. :)
Way to get back in your wedding dress. I'm very impressed!! I'm sure it was a dream come true for Brie- she'll always remember it.
Three very beautiful brides--Alicia, Brielle and Ava. What a fun thing to do!
What a fun way to spend the day! Again, great job on getting into the dress! You all look beautiful. I love the first picture of Brielle.
I see lots of brides but no grooms. What happened to gender equality?
You can't help but love Brie, she is so funny! Such a little fairy tale girl....you are a great mom too by the way, I don't even think I fit in my dress!
I can hardly WAIT to see your frilly, princess-lovin' girl mature. What will she be like at 15? What kind of prom will she want/expect?! Wow!! She REALLY likes the princess stuff, doesn't she! Soooo cute.
Show off, fitting into your wedding dress and looking dang good in it too! That's awesome... a goal to shoot for, if only my ribs (and many other parts) would shrink. hmm.
You look great in your wedding dress!
R
Post a Comment