Friday, March 06, 2009

Creating the Creation

So, who knew Primary was so fun? Seriously. I was a little scared of it, but it is a blast to be in Primary. The kids are hilarious. We sing songs. The teachers are great. And it turns out that doing Sharing Time is way more fun than teaching a class somewhere else. I've done two sharing times and had a great time. This last one was on the creation. I thought I would snap some pictures of what we did before I toss them.

I got this great idea from my sister-in-law, Rachel. I cut numbers 1 - 7 out of poster paper for each day of the creation. Then, each class in primary got a number and a bag full of crayons, die cuts (of animals, fish, birds, plants, flowers, sun, moon, stars, etc.), glue and instructions. They sat together with their teachers and read the scriptures for their day to learn what happened that day. They then decorated their number for the day. At the end, each class came up and showed us their number, told us what was created and how that creation blesses us. It was great fun and all I had to do was prepare for it. Here are our numbers:

7 comments:

Buchanan House said...

What a wonderful idea! I have such creative daughter-in-laws.

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this idea. I'm totally stealing it for my next Sharing Time.

laura said...

That's a great idea! I think I may do that with my kids.

You should hang it up in your Primary room, not throw it away!

Teresa said...

I LOVE this idea too. You got some scripture time in there, and also let the kids have fun. I bet they loved it. Did it work out OK with the younger ones?

Oh, and I agree. Hang it on the wall.

Randi said...

Hey...if you got any singing time ideas, would you float them my way? I've been the freaking chorister for over a year now and I'm bone-dry.

Sue said...

This is great! What a wonderful idea! You should put it on one of the Primary sharing ideas web sites.

Aaron and Jen said...

That's a really cute idea! I'll have to steal it for FHE!

Thanks for a fun evening last Saturday!