Ava just turned 18 months old. Her 18 month appointment was this week and her stats are: 19.8 lbs. (still not on the charts, but getting closer), 31.3 in. (50th percentile), head is 17.6 in. (5th percentile).
All of a sudden she seems like she is growing up so fast. She went from a baby to a walking, talking toddler very quickly and she keeps going. Ava has such a funny personality. She cracks us all up. She is definitely a lover and a fighter.
* Ava LOVES her mommy. She is ALWAYS within a 1 foot radius of me. If I'm cooking, she's holding on to my legs whining for me to hold her. If I'm in the shower she sits herself on the step right outside the shower door until I am done. If I'm on the computer she is hanging on me/climbing on me whining to be held. If I'm sitting down she is ALWAYS in my arms, usually with a book ready for me to read.
* Ava gives THE DIRTIEST LOOKS known to man. She can scowl at someone like she really hates 'em. She does this when she's mad or when anyone that is not me, Scott, Tawna or Brie looks at her.
* Ava gives really good kisses. She kisses everyone before she goes to bed or down for a nap. She blows kisses and says, "See ya!" when we say good bye to anyone.
* Ava totally beats up on Brielle. I can see this being the case for many years to come. Brie does not usually provoke it, but Ava will go right up to her and pull her hair, kick her or hit her. The other night they were in the bath together and Ava jabbed her finger up Brie's nose and gave her a gushing bloody nose. This all results in a lot of crying.
* Ava is already dressing and undressing all day. With her and Brie together we have little girl clothes all over this house. She always takes her pants and shoes off. I get her ready to walk out the door and the next thing I know, all of her clothes are off. I just have to tell her to put it back on and she happily does though. A couple of days ago I put her down for a nap in pants, shirt, sweater and zipped in her sleep sack. I went up to get her afterward and she was standing in her crib BEAMING with only a diaper on. What a trick!
*Ava likes to help clean up. I think it makes her feel big. She is the first to volunteer to pick up a mess and sing the "clean up song".
*Ava LOVES to have books read to her. She usually has a book in her hand and is begging for one of us to read it. The problem is that she throws it right at your face to tell you she wants it read. I'm always flinching in fear of having a book hurled at my face when she is around.
*Ava is starting into the girliness. She walks around in the princess high heeled slippers, carries a purse, loves to wear bead necklaces and rocks and feeds her babies like a good mommy.
* Ava really lets you know when she is mad or doesn't like something. She flings herself onto the floor kicking and crying. Hilarious.
Loves to the Potata!
5 comments:
I know this post is about sweet Ava, but I LOVE that picture of Brielle with her legs crossed. She is such a little lady! What precious girls!
Oh, she is so cute. And for the first time, I put something together- she is the girl version of Blake. Very sweet and loving, but can cause major bodily injury. And I am still SO impressed with your girls dressing skills. Just TONIGHT I had to put on Kea's pajama top.
What a a fun personality she has, and is adorable too. Wouldn't that be interesting to have a princess and a tomboy. Maybe next you can have a boy so she has someone to box with. :-)
I would love to see a dirty look. Try to capture that one on camera for us.
Your two little girls are both so cute and so much fun. Enjoy every surprising moment of every day!
She is so cute! I can't believe she weighs the same as Colston right now!! Crazy how different each child is. Zoey was only 18 pounds at age one. She is adorable, I love the scowl look posted above!
Post a Comment