Friday, March 27, 2009

Another New Addition . . . It's A Kumquat!

That's right! We are expecting another baby on October 20! I am 11 weeks and right now this baby is the size of a kumquat.

I went to my second doctor's appointment today. We got to see an ultrasound at 6 weeks and saw the little heart flickering. Today was another ultrasound and the baby was so much bigger and more developed (head, hands, feet, etc.). The heart was still flickering and I could see the baby bouncing and moving around like crazy. This is simply amazing every time. It has made me happy all day.

We are totally thrilled. This actually came as kind of a surprise. We talked about having a baby in October but then decided to wait a few more months. Too late. I was SHOCKED to see a positive pregnancy test on the very morning, just hours before, I was called as Primary President. Those were some overwhelming days and nights. We are all settled with the idea now and couldn't be happier. Ava will be one month past 2 years old. Both of us love the month of October - it's beautiful and it's baseball playoff time. And now we will have all of our family birthdays lined up in August, September, October, November and December.

I have really felt GREAT! I've often been worried that I'm really not pregnant (because I don't feel anything), but just gaining a lot of weight at a rapid pace. As of this week all of my size 8 jeans and skirts are put away. This is the only symptom really. I am so hungry! When I get hungry, I get absolutely frantic, shaky and desperate to get some food in my stomach. I guess I feel tired, but I do take a nap every afternoon when Ava goes down, so I'm fine. I did have a few afternoons of feeling kind of nauseous (I'm sure there a number of you that hate me for this) and now Brie complains of having a baby in her stomach and it's making her feel sick.

I can't believe we'll have three kids soon. I'm kind of scared, but this is EXACTLY what I want and have always wanted. I'm so incredibly grateful!

16 comments:

Roger said...

I love kumquats!
Congratulations!

Roger said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so, so happy that you feel great! And, excited to see what this baby will be! The fall birthdays make me laugh, but I am happy that they line up.
I love the kumquat intro - we actually have some in our refrigerator right now.

Roger said...

The second Roger is really Sue.
And I already ate the kumquats.

Melody said...

Congratulations!! Hooray! I totally knew it. ESP I guess. =) And Grandma confirmed my suspicions. When I was pregnant I also got the babycenter emails that tell you what size your baby is according to food. When I got to "shrimp week," Jason said that we should start eating the food that represented the baby each week. Gross!! Now I can't help but think of shrimp as little fetuses! And there go your parents eating up the kumquats like there's no tomorrow. LOL! I'm excited for you!!

Unknown said...

Yay for the Buchanans! I would get all excited when my blog roll would show a new post from you the past few months hoping it was with this news since you told me during our reunion you guys would start trying again Decemberish. We've been trying since January, nothing yet. It's weird. We didn't try AT ALL to get pregnant with E and SK, and now that we're "trying", we can't get pregnant. Weird. Anyway, we're confident #3 will come along when he/she/they are supposed too. Funny, if we'd have gotten pregnant in Janauary when we started trying, I'd be having the baby right in the middle of our move with the AF in October. We thought we'd be in Bama until December, so needless to say I was overjoyed that I DIDN'T get pregnant in January. What a miserable move that would've been. This is probably TMI for a blog comment..oh well! I'm SO happy for y'all. I do hope for an assignment at Hill! Love to you all!

Carolynj said...

Congratulations on the growing family! I'm so happy you're feeling well - makes or breaks the 9 months.

Since I didn't see your Maestro blog until recently - congratulations on that new addition also. He is so cute and I love his hair cut!! We have decided that Shih Tzus are part cat - but sure get a kick out of ours. Enjoy.

turleybenson said...

AHH! So exciting! I'm so happy for you, and so happy you've felt well also. Hooray for more Buchanans!

laura said...

11 weeks already- wow, that went fast! I can't wait to find out the gender. Such exciting news. And I love October birthdays(if you don't live in CA). Beautiful fall weather and you're feeling great just in time for the holidays. Shoot for the 15th(Kea) or the 22nd(Blake).

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Alicia! I hope you don't mind that I see how your family is doing. I was in Bakersfield this past week. Your mom found my blog and called. I saw on your blog that you are turning yours into a book as well. My 2008 blog book arrived this week and I can't stop looking at it. Anyway, congratulations on the baby and on a darling family.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats Alicia, Scott and family :) Happy for all of you!
-Abby

Buchanan House said...

This will be our 14th grandchild. Hooray! Hope everything continues to go well. Love you.--Rama

Kam said...

congratulations to the buchanans.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! We're happy for you and excited to see if it'll be 3 girls in a row, or a little future Red Sox player!--timo

Steve said...

Yahoo! for number 3.

Kelly said...

Congratulations!!!

Maritza said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I AM JUST GETTING AROUND TO CHECK YOUR BLOG....I AM SO HAPPY OF YOU. Is that a new puppy too?