Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Soooooo, we are a week away from Halloween and my girls have just finished their third round of dressing up in their costumes and trick or treating. I was telling Scott that if I went to all the Halloween things that are going on that sound so fun (like Boo at the Zoo and the Spooktackular) they could easily trick or treat 10 times by Halloween. We could seriously be stocked with candy! As of right now, we don't even need to tell them when Halloween really is, they've had their fill.

Last week we went to This Is The Place Heritage Park. It really was a fun day. (I forgot my camera, but luckily Tawna was with us with her new phone.) There were a ton of kids in their costumes. That is my favorite part. I love seeing all the kiddos all dressed up. Brie was sooooooo excited to finally get to wear her ballerina costume. She was desperate to be a ballerina over anything else. The kids got to go through the pioneer village and get candy and do crafts at each house. We got to ride on trains and ponies. There was a parade down main street and they shot a candy cannon! What a good day.What a cute little chick!I think it's hilarious how the stroller buckle divides her chick chub. She was OUT by the end of it all.
We also had a party with our neighborhood playgroup kids. They got to dress up, play games and get lots of treats. Brie was most excited about seeing her good friend Emma as Cinderella. She wouldn't call her Emma, just Cinderella.Ava and Eliza. Tonight we did it all again for our ward Trunk or Treat party. We invited our friends over for dinner and then to the party with us. All the cars were decorated and all the kids were in costume. It was so fun. One car gave out pencils. We just got a call from our friend to say that Jazlyn came home with 40 pencils!! She did well.

Brie and Jazlyn.
Me and the girls trunk or treating.

6 comments:

Kam said...

You said Brie was desperate to be a ballerina? (She looks adorable) I wonder, was Ava desperate to be a chicken? (She also looks darling). Go ahead and stock up on the halloween candy, then just use it for their Christmas stockings, right?? ha!

Sarah A said...

When did halloween turn into a week-long festival?I'm already exhausted by it and we haven't even started. I actually would be okay with it all except that candy is included every time.

Ava is adorable! I can't believe she was okaywith the chick suit- could she even move? So cute!

laura said...

Holy cow. I don't even know what my kids are going to be yet. I love Halloween, but I think I'm a one time through kind of girl. I don't like getting everyone dressed up in their "scratchy", "uncomfortable", "itchy" costumes. And I HATE having all that candy around the house. I guess I would do it, if people would stop giving out candy.

Jessica said...

Ava is SOOO cute in that chicken get up. Where did you get it? I am thinking about getting one for myself. Question: Why are you not dressed up at any of these events?

Sue said...

Those pictures are so cute! Is Brie's tongue out in the first one, why? I love Ava.
I know what the Skinners are going to be. Davin - Dark Vadar, Kea - Princess Lea, Blake - Yoda. ¬ Laura is making Kea's costume, I can't remember if she is making Blake's. I love Halloween now that I can watch kids and grandkids, it is so much easier.

Dunn Family said...

It looks like you had lots of fun. The girls look so cute! I love the chick costume on Ava, what a cutie!