
This time of year is the favorite at our house. It's gorgeous weather outside, the leaves are changing beautiful colors, baseball is in it's postseason (although the Red
Sox are now out) and college football games are happening every week!!! We didn't buy season tickets this year, but somehow Scott always gets hooked up with tickets to the football game. Both
BYU and Utah have done VERY well this year. So a good time has been had by both the Cougar fan (until last week) and the Ute fan here.
Because we have a split home (BYU vs. Utah), I decided the girls could switch off wearing
BYU blue or Utah red each week on game days. Well, I absolutely can not convince Brie to wear her
BYU t-shirt. Sorry Dad. She is influenced by her father who is always singing her "I Am A Utah Man" and she WILL NOT wear pants (again, because she doesn't want to be a prince). She has a cheerleader outfit for Utah and of course, that is her favorite. Thank heaven, Ava is still young enough to have no choice.

Scott started off the football season by actually going down to Provo for a
BYU football game! I know, I was shocked. He even had a good time. It was the blow out with UCLA. Notice the score board.

He found my brother, Bryce, and heckled his friends.

He said this is the only good thing he saw while in Provo. Whatever.
Tawna and I started out our football season by taking the girls to the Mascot Bowl. It was hilarious! I've always wanted to go and I'm glad we did. All the mascots from different teams played the
Lehi High School football team. Loved it!



Last Saturday we all got to go to another University of Utah football game. And again, they killed 'em. Good thing we have snacks, friends all around, drunk people and
Brielle to keep us entertained.
We went to the Farmer's Market in the morning before the game. Until next summer Farmer's Market. I will miss you.

Brielle making her "U" with her fingers while Scott sings her the "Utah Man" song.

It got very hot with the sun beating on us.
Tawna honestly wore this diaper on her head the whole game to keep the sun off. Yes, she made a good showing for the Cougar fans surrounded by Utes.

When it got hot, Brie decided to strip down. Her shirt flew off and then her tights (Scott said that is how it's done at the U). I guess in the end
Tawna did do the right thing in simply putting a diaper on her head.

Shade provided by Scott Buchanan.

Now, we are just anxiously awaiting November 22.
11 comments:
Wow. That is a lot of football. And I must say, Tawna looks GORGEOUS(sans the diaper) in the pictures. Utah air must do good things for her.
Brie's got good taste! haha I'm sure Ava will learn soon enough which team is the best....as soon as she can have some say in her wardrobe! haha :) Looks like you guys are having fun! I can't wait until November 22 either! GO UTES!
Utah by 5! I love your family photo that was patched together. How cool is that!
R
You know...Brie is exercising her free agency, which is wonderful, however poor Ava is not old enough to understand and is being subjected to the will of Satan...shame, shame, shame!
They look darling!!!!
What a fun post. I would love to be close enough to go to BYU football games. The comment by Scott "that is how they do it at the U" made me laugh here all by myself. Tawna did make the right choice. :) I wonder if we will get the Nov. 22nd event here? I will have to check that out.
The mascot football game is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Although some mascots (those without beachball-sized heads) seem to have a clear advantage.
The girls look so cute in their outfits. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Well, we must get together and "talk" about how i can keep sane with little Zoey around. Maybe we can do a play date or something. Call me when you are available.
sounds like fun! I covered the mascot football game for the Daily Universe when I was a reporter there. And that was when my crush on Cosmo began. What can I say I am a coug through and through.
I love this post. I laughed out loud at Tawna with a diaper on her head. I am clearly not a great football fan, as I didn't even know what Nov. 22nd was.
Even if Brielle has been brainwashed, we will still love her. I don't think I have much chance of bringing her back from the darkside.
GO BYU!
No wonder I havent talked to you in soooo long -- are you ever home, or are you always out footballing?! call me, please, dear one!
Poor Roger, having to watch his posterity stray like this. It must be very hard. But for a Utah cheerleader, she sure is DARLING in her little outfit! That first picture is soooo perfect. I love it.
I also love that Tawna really wore a diaper on her head. Hilarious!
Post a Comment