Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Conference Weekend

We had a great conference weekend, as usual. Conference weekend is always a good one. I used to think it was so relaxing and inspiring, it's not so anymore with two little kids, but it's still nice to be home together trying our hardest to relax and be inspired.

Our friends (that have girls the same ages as ours) invited us up to their cabin for breakfast, conference and a hike to Donut Falls. It was really raining so the hike didn't happen, but the breakfast sure did. It was DELICIOUS!! The canyon was beautiful. It was such a nice place to be Saturday morning. Conference was on, but really we didn't hear much. Thank you TIVO!Aaron made everything on the grill. AND he put Sprite in the pancakes to make them fluffy. The rest of Conference was spent at home. When Scott left for Preisthood session, we (the girls) made pizza and seriously watched movie after movie on TV.My veggie pizza! Turns out Tawna likes all the food I get for the girls.Bryce joined us on Sunday and I'm not sure he was prepared for the entertainment portion of Conference at our house. This is Brie in Ava's 3-6 month polka dot bikini. She danced around saying, "This is not modest."(I'm sure you'll be wanting this back Laura.)The usual picture of everyone asleep "watching" conference.
I guess it's all about watching a session, then the food, then a session, then some more good food. This dinner was a unique one for us. Elk. Our hunting friends, Mark and Trisha, gave us an elk roast from Mark's latest hunt. They told me how to make it and it was REALLY good!!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I have two comments.
1. the picture of Brie giving the thumbs up with the pizza is adorable. She just looks so cute with that face.
2. You actually have a picture of Tawna giving a normal person smile. How'd ya do it??

Buchanan House said...

That veggie pizza looks delicious! YUM! You had a terrific conference weekend--even with the rain. The kids pictures are especially cute.

laura said...

I'm jealous- of the food(particularly the pizza), the cabin, the rain, being with Tawna, being with Bryce. I swear- I think I should move to Utah.

Aaron and Jen said...

Thanks so much for coming up to the cabin with us for breakfast even if we missed the hike! We had so much fun! You are awesome!

Oh, you need to send me Scott's email so I can send him an invite to my blog!