Saturday, April 19, 2008

Accomplishments

We have been waiting for this day for a long time now. We've each had something we've been working on and as of today we can say we've been successful!

Scott - Scott has been studying for the Series 10 licensing exam for months now. He needed to pass this exam in order to be in a management role at work. The test has a really high failure rate and is very difficult, so we have been worried about it. He did a GREAT job of balancing work, family and studying. Scott would work all day, come home for dinner time and putting the girls to bed and then study. I really appreciated him making time for us and get ready for this test.

Thursday was the big exam and he passed!!! Yahoo!!! We celebrated at Chuck E. Cheese.

Alicia - I wanted to reach a certain weight by today. I weighed myself this morning and I made it to my weight goal and a little bit. As of today, I have lost 25 pounds since January. I guess now I can wear a swimming suit in Cali. (Scott has lost about 32 pounds.)

Brielle - We needed Brie to master potty training by today. I won't say that she is a master and I have some shockingly funny and disgusting stories to prove it, but she is doing very well. She recognizes when she needs to go and runs to the bathroom. She has had one accident each day, but luckily none were on the carpet. She's getting there.

Ava - Well, Ava is continuing on in her goals of eating (only what she wants, when she wants and at the temperature she wants), sleeping (with only one or two times of waking up in the night between 7am and 7pm) and pooping.

Time to celebrate with an In n' Out Burger!

8 comments:

laura said...

Congrats to all of you! Way to go on the test and the weight loss! Those are both two amazing accomplishments! Love you guys!

Teresa said...

That is wonderful that you guys accomplished your goals. Congrats! I am especially impressed with the weight loss since it is something I have always wanted to do. Good job with your stick-to-itivness. :)

Sue said...

Yay!!! Now you can relax while in California! I am proud of all of you.

Buchanan House said...

Terrific news! I am really impressed with your ability to make a goal and accomplish it. What great examples you all are.

Kam said...

Wow! You guys are seriously inspiring me. 25 pounds sounds WONDERFUL and AMAZING! That's soooo great. And congrats to Scootie on the test. And MOSTLY, way to go having a little potty trained Brielle girl! That is sooo nice that she's been training herself. Very cool.

Amber said...

sounds like you have a lot to celebrate! perfect because I just tagged you on my blog, and it fits together perfect!

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia. I sent your address to my brothers. I hope they contact ya. Some of them are a little lame with the computer. Good luck on the reunion. Sounds so fun!

A, M and S said...

You celebrated losing 25 pounds by going to Chuck E. Cheese? Is that twisted or what? Congratulations on the weight loss, and potty mastering, and passing the test, and Ava's self-determination.

Run a marathon with me next year.
R