Monday, April 07, 2008

General Conference

1. A great way to stay awake and really pay attention is to leave your kids upstairs with Daddy and go downstairs to run on the treadmill during the morning session. I never knew how "Praise To The Man" could really get you going.

2. When you have two small children to watch conference with you, you have to go to great lengths to keep them occupied.
3. It's always nice to have Uncle Bryce come up to sleep on our couch, I mean watch conference with us. 4. When you take your kids to McDonalds PlayLand for dinner while Dad is at his session of conference, every other mother and child in the area is there too. And the smallest of the children (Brie) will come home battered and bruised.

5. After two days of sitting on the couch, a walk outside is a great idea.


There was so much that I really enjoyed about conference this past weekend. Of course, I loved Elder Ballard's talk on mothers the most. I am so incredibly grateful to be a mother. I always knew I wanted to be a mom and looked forward to the day when this would be my life. I never knew I would be so happy and really love it this much. I appreciated Elder Ballard's words to mothers. I thought about them as I was woken up a few times last night, as I fed rice cereal this morning, as I begged Brie to come eat her breakfast instead of "sledding" (as she called it) across the carpet in my church shoes with some kitchen spoons, as I started laundry, as I vacuumed the whole house and as I put Ava down for a nap all before 10am. I am so thrilled to have this special and important role in my girls lives. I am so thankful to a husband that supports us so that I can be at home with our girls. I am also so grateful that Scott is as supportive and loving as he is to me. He is such a good dad and husband and that certainly makes being a mother that much more wonderful.

I was also glad to hear from President Monson. I felt a new kind of love and admiration for him. I saw so much compassion, experience and wisdom from him. He will be wonderful to learn from.

5 comments:

Sue said...

I can't believe how much Ava has grown and is now so accomplished! I can hardly wait to see your family!
I agree, having children is really the best way to stay alert during conference. I loved conference, too. I think that I relate better the older that I get.

Roger said...

I miss the snow.

Teresa said...

Sounds like a wonderful Conference weekend. I love the entertainment for the girls, and that you get to see Bryce fairly often. That is awesome. I love that ours comes on at 6pm and 10pm. Those are easier times to deal with the kids.

Buchanan House said...

I agree that being a mother is wonderful, and I'm so glad that Scott has a wife who loves and appreciates him as much as his own mother does. Thanks Alicia for marrying my son and for the two beautiful sweet little granddaughters you have given us.

the House of Payne said...

Yeah, good Conference.