Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Three Days of Spring

Well, we waited and waited and spring finally came . . . for three days . . . and then was gone again. This past weekend we had GORGEOUS and warm weather. On Monday it was a beautiful 81 degrees. Tuesday it dropped to 41 degrees and snowed all day!! What??? But, I'm glad to say we enjoyed our three days of spring to their fullest.

We made cups of "dirt" with chocolate cupcakes, chocolate pudding and crushed grasshopper cookies. We put a gummy worm on them and made a flower with a cookie. We then took our "flowers" to all of Brie's little friends. My two dream jobs are to be a mail carrier or a flower delivery person. Delivering flowers really was all the fun that I thought it could be. The kids were thrilled.We also spent some time at the park and on walks. We took a blanket and some lunch to the park on Saturday while Scott was studying. Ava got to play on the blanket with her toys while Brie ran around on the playground. It was so nice and sunny and it felt sooooooooooooo good to finally be outside again. We stayed until Ava's cheeks were sun burned. And as of right now . . . it is snowing again! Good thing we're going to California in a few days. Brie is packing her swim suit in her suitcase as I type.

4 comments:

Roger said...

What a perfect day! Scott not being with you is the only draw back. Hopefully Brie will be able to swim, right now it looks like the spa will be where she goes.
Our perfect spring day I sprayed off the house, driveway, pool deck and swept the pool. Only to have a storm blow in that night and mess it all up. At least I didn't get the windows washed. Mom

Buchanan House said...

A beautiful day and a very nice park. The flowers look like a lot of fun and so good to eat. What a clever idea!

Teresa said...

I love the "flowers" you took to friends. You should have put some whipped cream on the top for snow. :) The girls look like they are having a wonderful time and enjoying the sun. We wish we could see some of that too.

Kam said...

Those are great pictures... I LOVE the cute "dirt" cups. What a fun idea, I bet it was fun to deliver them, too. Hopefully after your trip to Cali, spring will show its face for real in UT! You guys deserve it, after the buckets of snow you've had for sooooo long. We'll miss hearing from you while you're at the Allred homestead, but are very excited you get to go. Enjoy!!