Someone else is doing a lot of sitting these days . . . . on the "big girl potty"! To tell the truth, I'm kind of mad about it. I specifically did not want to potty train Brielle until after our trip to CA. I didn't want to deal with it at Disneyland and my parents house. But, Brie has decided to potty train herself and there is nothing I can do about it.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Sitting
We have a couple of new adventures in sitting going on at our house. Ava started sitting up by herself a couple of weeks ago. She's quite good at it and doesn't wobble, but eventually goes down because she wants to grab a toy out of her reach.
Along with sitting came a lot of screaming and spitting! There were a few days of her moving her tongue around in her mouth a lot, drooling a lot, screaming a lot and spitting a lot. I am, of course, waiting to see a tooth that might be the cause of all of this, but it's not here yet. Brie thinks the spitting is HILARIOUS! It drives me crazy when I am feeding her. I have yet to come away from feeding Ava without having green beans or squash or any other baby food sprayed all over me. We are both always covered in baby food. The spitting is especially forceful and constant if she is being fed a vegetable or it is not warmed properly. So picky.
Someone else is doing a lot of sitting these days . . . . on the "big girl potty"! To tell the truth, I'm kind of mad about it. I specifically did not want to potty train Brielle until after our trip to CA. I didn't want to deal with it at Disneyland and my parents house. But, Brie has decided to potty train herself and there is nothing I can do about it.
Brie only wants to wear panties and totally fights diapers at bed time. She runs up to the toilet very frequently and "tries" and then washes her hands and comes down to tell me "I did it!". There have been just two times that I've seen her quickly run to get a towel and start to clean up. Then I realize that she has had an accident. She really is doing great. She has 5 days to master it!
Someone else is doing a lot of sitting these days . . . . on the "big girl potty"! To tell the truth, I'm kind of mad about it. I specifically did not want to potty train Brielle until after our trip to CA. I didn't want to deal with it at Disneyland and my parents house. But, Brie has decided to potty train herself and there is nothing I can do about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
When Brie got the toliet stuck on her head she was very emotional and Alicia couldn't stop laughing. It was VERY funny!
Go Brielle, you can do it! I love panties too. Do you have Curious George panties? I do. I also have Dora.
S
Wow! That is awesome with Brie's potty training. That is a rare child who takes it upon herself. And when she is so young! I am really amazed. If she is that determined, my guess is she will have it down good and you won't have to worry about her on vacation.
If Ava screams like that while I'm trying to sleep there may be some consequences.
Brie cheese is a smarty pants. Hmmm maybe just like both of her parents. How fun to potty train such a cutie. Will you come and potty train Laird??? Ha Ha.
Have fun in Cali
Post a Comment