Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Meat Locker Boys" Reunion

Again, we are so lucky to be in a city that so many of our friends come to visit. On Monday night we got to see some of our favorite friends from Boston - Tim, Becky and baby Caroline and John. It was so fun to see them again, catch up on what is going on in their lives now and remember good times together in Boston. John was Scott's roommate and dated my roommate, Tim was our good friend and dated another one of my roommates and Becky was a friend that took over my room in our house when I moved out to get married. It's funny how everyone gets connected when you have a smallish LDS singles community.

Scott, Alicia, John, Tim, Becky and Caroline

While Scott, Tim and John were dating the girls in our house they formed the "Meat Locker Boys Club". Their fourth member was Mike Benson, who we all miss and love and told funny stories about to feel like he was there. The Meat Locker Boys came about because the guys would escape together to our sun porch in the winter time. The sun porch is an enclosed porch, but has no insulation or heating. We called it the meat locker. They would sit out there in freezing, snowy temperatures and have their "meetings".

Tim, John and Scott forming the letter "M" in frozen meat in remembrance of Mike Benson.

Scott grilled huge, delicious hamburgers. We had hamburgers, corn on the cob, watermelon, grapes, chips, coleslaw (by John), salad, soda, hmmmmm what else? It was a good dinner.

Tim with his sweet Caroline.

Scott and Tim on diaper duty. Changing the girls.

John playing with little Caroline.

Tim and Becky were so nice and brought Brielle one of the best presents she has ever received - a pink Boston Red Sox cap!! Thank you!

7 comments:

laura said...

I love that the men are holding good old Costco chubs of ground beef. Tim's little girl is adorable. Although they all don't know me, seeing them made me think of our little visit to Boston. That is still on the books as our very favorite vacation.

Anonymous said...

How nice it is to have enough room in your home to have friends visit. Looks like a fine time for all.

the House of Payne said...

Poor Caroline. Obviously terrified.

Sue said...

I love that blog. We have met the meat locker boys. It is fun to see you remembering a great time in your life and to see them well and happy.

Sue said...

I forgot to say, I love your living room.

the House of Payne said...

Oh, and here is where I got the coleslaw recipe, Alicia. I can't vouch for the rest of the blog, but this recipe has served me well.

(I should note that I never measure anything when cooking from a recipe, so I am not sure yours will turn out exactly like mine. But I've made this a half-dozen times and it turns out delicious every time, so I think the recipe is pretty robust.)

(Oh, and I forgot to say that I usually chop in a raw jalapeno pepper or two instead of using green pepper. But that's just me and my abused taste buds.)

Anonymous said...

Alicia, I haven't been able to surf blogs in ages, so I had no idea you were pregnant with another baby girl...CONGRATS. Can't wait to see pictures...I'm jealous of your visits with all our Boston buddies. I hope to see ya'll again soon..my sis in law is staying in Orem for another year, so a visit from us is highly likely. Miss ya'll. :)