Thursday, August 23, 2007

Word Explosion!

Brielle is 20 months this week. At her 18 month appointment with Dr. Brian he was telling me the milestones to watch for in the next six months. He said we would see a "word explosion". He said Brielle would start saying so many words and phrases and that talking would begin in these next six months. Boy, was he right!!!!

Scott and I are absolutely amazed every day at all Brie can say. I've never seen this process before and it is incredible to see it with my own child in my house every day. She learns so fast! I feel like she can communicate anything she wants to now. She says words and phrases to me that I have no idea how she picked up, but they are there. She can repeat any word we tell her to. She can tell me exactly what she wants AND what she doesn't want. How did this all happen so quickly?

For my own journal purposes, these are some of the things she is saying now:

bed
baby
blanket
bottle
milk
juice
bear
pillow
couch
guy
hop hop (bunny)
meow (cat)
cow
horsey
octopus
turtle
duck
monkey (said with the sounds)
elmo
lion (said with a roar)
donkey hee haw
toy
pool
water (pronounced "loly")
cartoons
ball
car
truck
flower
bug
grass
leaf
rock
stick
sky
tree
butter (pronounced "butta")
food
eat
noodles
jello
grapes
tomatoes
corn
beans
sticks (pretzels)
dip
mine
grandma
papa
Laura
dress (always begging for a dress)
shirt
pant
sock
shoe
hat
bath
poop
toot
pee pee
diaper
flush
medicine
wipe
Home Depot
dance
paint
picture
pencil
crayon
paper
book
clean
up
down
open
bag (she has to carry all of her goods around in a bag wherever we go)
stairs
teeth
drink
bye (and blows a kiss)
kiss
kneel
prayer
hair
cheek
ears
arms
legs
knee
foot
toes
light
dark
bowl
spoon
fork

Phrases:

Mommy is wacko.
Daddy is wacko.
Ava is wacko. (Scott taught her those)
I want
grandma's house
mommy pool (when she wants me in)
Brie funny
Wa wa baby (when she hears or sees a baby)
Daddy bed
Here you go.
Where is it?
Good girl
Little mouse
No no

I'm sure there are more. These are what I can think of while I sit here at the computer. I am so excited that she can talk to me and I am excited for what is to come (most of it) in us communicating with each other.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you--Brielle can really carry on a conversation now. What a smart little daughter you have. Before long she will be able to teach her little sister all these words and phrases. Time surely goes by rapidly.

laura said...

Holy smokes! She's a talking machine!

I love how that list gives a good glimpse into your daily life...food you feed her, places you go (ie. Home Depot), etc.

She's amazing. We need her to rub off on Abby a little.

Oh, and I love that she can say "my" name. I'm sure she learned it for her other Aunt Laura, but I'll take it anyway!

Sue said...

I love that Brielle can now talk and communicate. I can hardly wait to see her!

Roger said...

Since Brie is learning to talk, when we come to visit you, I would like to teach her an important phrase - "Go Cougars!"

Anonymous said...

Dad - You will be happy to know that "Go Cougars!" is her newest phrase. We went to the zoo on Saturday and saw two cougars running, pacing and jumping around. She learned the word "cougar" and I added the "Go Cougars!". We're all ready for Saturday's game!