Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Grandma

I went into Brielle's room this morning when she had woken up and was calling for me. We had our usual conversation about how she slept and where the pink turtle is (she has carried it around for days). I then asked her what she dreamed about and she yelled out, "Grandma!" Grandma is all Brie talks about. She dreams about her apparently, but she also talks about her and going to her house all day long. She always wants the phone so that she can call her. Every time we get in the car she yells out, "Grandma's house!" as we drive. She says "grandma" to me a million times a day. Brielle LOVES Grandma Rama.

She loves playing at Grandma's house. Yesterday I dropped her off there while I went to the doctor. We had not even opened the door to the house to go in when Brie was waving and blowing me kisses and saying, "Bye. Bye. Bye.". Each time when I come to pick her up after the doctor appointments she runs into the toy room or clings to grandma and doesn't want to leave her. (I try not to take it personally.)

I REALLY love that Brie loves her grandma so much and has such a good and fun relationship with her. Who wouldn't love being Rama's granddaughter. Brie goes there and gets full and undivided attention. They play with all of the fun toys grandma has. They put on music and dance. They read books together. Rama is teaching her colors and numbers. Brie gets good snacks and juice. She loves it! And I love it too!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! I want to go to Grandma Rama's too! It sounds rather nice to be pampered and given juice and snacks.

Teresa said...

That really is awesome! I love that you live close enough to them for Brie to love her so much. That is definitely a huge plus for you. Yeah Grandma Rama for being so wonderful.

laura said...

Brie is definitely lucky to get to spend so much time with Grandma Rama. Connor and Abigail are missing out big time!

Anonymous said...

Can we please borrow Grandma Rama? Sam doesn't get enough Grandma attention, living so far away. That's so wonderful that Brie is so close to her Grandma, and that she loves her so much! Cute, cute pictures (love the little American sundress.)

Anonymous said...

I love doing things with Brielle. She is special. I don't like the pictures of me in my shirt with the stripes however. It makes me look even fatter than I really am. I'll go on a diet immediately.