Thursday, August 09, 2007

Birthday Festivities

I turned 32 years old on August 7!! It was such a great birthday. I'm so grateful for wonderful friends and family that made it so nice.

The festivities began at my grandma's house on Sunday night. She had some of the Allred family (cousins, aunt, uncle) to her house for foil dinners!! They were so good. She also made a delicious raspberry cheesecake! And, of course, there was the card game, Rage. We all had a great time and it was a fun birthday party.

Scott made my birthday especially great! On Monday night we stayed up late and when it turned midnight (my birthday) he gave me my birthday present. I had asked for a pair of pearl earrings. My sister Laura gave me some for Christmas, but through wearing them every day the backings fell off and the earrings were lost. I was so sad. She wears pearl earrings and I think they look so pretty and so classy. So, Scott gave me exactly what I wanted so bad. He went to McKay Jewelers and got me a BEAUTIFUL pair of perfect pearl earrings. They are gorgeous and I was absolutely thrilled. I feel so pretty with them in and that is a good thing right now when I also feel so big! Here I am as "The Girl With The Pearl Earring".
Scott also planned a birthday party for me! How nice, huh? He had my friend Maritza design really nice looking invitations and then sent them out. A few days later he finally told me what was going on. He was lucky he told. I would not have wanted it to be a surprise and I could get excited for it.

We had a mix of some of our friends and their kids over for a barbecue. Scott grilled hamburgers and chicken, friends brought salads and he got a delicious cake with the good kind of frosting! Jose, Jazlyn and Maritza.
Greg and one of his twins, Abigail.
Love was in the air for these two. Bradley met Jazlyn and it was over. They stayed playing together and snuggled on this blanket all evening.
Last night we went to Scott's parents house for another birthday party! Yahoo! Fred's birthday is the 9th, so we got to celebrate together. Rama made a delicious meal for everyone and then a great cake with strawberries. It was fun to celebrate with the Buchanans! Fred is turning 76 and I turned 32, so Scott put a "108" on the cake in candles.

8 comments:

Scott B. said...

Funny thing about Fred and Alicia blowing out the candles is that it actually took them 4 attepts to get all the candles out.

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday Alicia! It sounds wonderful. Scott does an amazing job with planning a great celebration. I love your shirt in the picture with the Buchanan's.

laura said...

I can't believe you lost those earrings. I hope you get the screw on kind this time. Looks like your birthday was great. I hope you got our song- it was by far our WORST performance ever. I was trying to think of a way to break into your answering machine and erase. Oh well. Happy Birthday!!!

Dunn Family said...

that was a fun BBQ! Thanks for inviting us! Cory says Happy Birthday Alicia!! Don't you love how I am not looking at the camera. I love the pic of the earrings, they do look classy!

Sarah A said...

Happy Birthday!!! Your birthday festival looked like a ton of fun. We wish you a fabulous year!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a fun birthday! Natalie got me some pearl earrings for my birthday too so now you, Laura, and I all look classy together. I absolutely love mine too but the back on one is getting a little loose so now I'm nervous I might lose them like you did! I would be very upset!
I'm glad you got to have so many different celebrations! That cake looked amazing...

Oh and I was "blog hopping" and I ended up on your friends Danae and Cory's blog and was looking at the pictures from Cory's birthday party and I totally know his brother's girlfriend! She went to seminary with me and is friends with all of my friends from the other stake. What a crazy small world. Kind of creepy sometimes.

Missy said...

Happy Birthday, Alicia! I really like your new earrings...Scott you done good!

M

Todd and Anna said...

Happy Birthday Alicia! Looks like you had some good parties to celebrate- Good job Scott on the planning. Fun to see the pictures at your house and see people I know- Greg and his kids, and also Mark.
Happy Birthday!
Todd