This mama's Mother's Day was just wonderful. I REALLY love Mother's Day. I wish we could have it more often throughout the year. It's just such a great day. I get to eat chocolate and take a nap. That is all I need. But there is even more than that.
We celebrated Mother's Day with Rama on Saturday night. This worked out so nicely. We met Brian and Rachel's family and Alan and Laura's family at a park. Everyone brought their own dinner so it was no work for anyone. We ate and let the kids play and the adults talk. So relaxing and so good to be with everyone to celebrate such a wonderful mother and grandmother. I love Rama.
The girls.The boys.
On Sunday morning, I woke up to this pile of loot sitting out for me on the table. I mean, what's not to love about this day???? Yahoo! So many treats and the cutest little drawings, notes, crafts and cards. Love it. We decided to forego the traditional breakfast in bed since we had to have everyone ready and at church by 9am.
We walked home from church (where I was given a delicious box of chocolates and more little cards and pictures). And after church, I got to have my waffles with strawberries and take that long, lovely nap that I look forward to so much.
(I thought this picture was so funny. Can you tell we were using our neighbors dog behind the camera to get the kids to smile in that direction. Kate loves that dog!)
After a nice nap and lots of chocolate, Ava and I did a puzzle together, we took a walk and Scott made me the dinner I requested - steak, baked potato, salad and ginger ale. Perfect.
And this is my favorite gift of the day. A pot to replant our shamrock in that the kids and Scott made for me with all of their hand prints. The green heart is made of one side my fingers and the other side Scott's fingers to form the heart. So cute, right? What a good life I have. I am so grateful and so happy to be a mother every single day. And I feel so thankful and blessed to have been taught and loved and cared for by the mother I have. I love my Mom.
1 comment:
Such a special Mother's Day! I am so glad that you married Scott and have given us those beautiful grandchildren. I love the bowl you all made for the Shamrock plant.
Post a Comment