A few weeks ago a real miracle happened. Scott and I dropped our kids off with Laura and Alan for the weekend and took off to Park City.
All. By. Ourselves.
As much we love our kids, this little weekend away was sooooooo nice. And it was soooooo nice of Alan and Laura to take such good care of our kids along with their own four. It really was a good weekend for all. We had a great time and the kids had a great time with their cousins. They actually asked me for days after we came home when they could please go live with Laura again!
Our getaway weekend kind of started with a double date with Fred and Rama on Thursday night. They were nice enough to invite us with them to Les Miserables at the Pioneer Theater. It was so good!!! I love this show. It is my favorite and I haven't seen it in years. I was so happy to see it again and to see such an amazing performance. It was a lovely night with Fred and Rama.
On Friday, as soon as Brielle got out of school at 1:15, we drove the kids on down to Laura's house and dropped them off. Kate was crying when I left which made me so sad to leave her, but I soon got pics from Laura of a happy, playing Kate. So, Scott and I began our weekend away and were very happy to do so. We kicked it off by seeing the movie he had been dying to see. Waiting and waiting for "42". It was fantastic.
The next stop was a restaurant we both have been dying for. Couldn't wait to get back to the best mexican food we've had in Utah. Tarahumara in Midway. Look at those steak fajitas!! Delicious!
And this is what makes this place so very exciting for Scott. So many different salsas to try.
Our own Tawna Malinda was nice enough to check us into our hotel in Park City where we got to stay for two wonderful nights of sleep. We checked in and immediately put on swim suits to go sit in the hot tub for the evening. Does he look happy to be away with me or what?
Shoe Tree Park. Right outside the Summit Watch Hotel.
The very best part of a "getaway" for me is getting to sleep. As much as I want. No having to get up to take care of anyone. After 7 1/2 years straight of always having to get up for someone, this is a complete luxury. I really appreciate it. We slept in until 8:30!! I woke up and immediately started worrying about how the kids did for Laura through the night. We soon got over that, walked up the street for breakfast and then went right back to that cozy bed for reading, which really meant a wonderful 10am nap.
I guess we had to do something other than sleep the day away so we did go on a walk on the bike path through Park City . . .
Someone really did decide to relax this weekend.
After our walk we very slyly broke into the hot tubs up at the Marriott Mountainside Resort. Not where we were staying, but they are just so nice. You just have to walk in like you belong there. No problem.
That evening we walked up Main St. and even got to go into the nice art galleries that normally we would not dare to take our kids into. We ended the evening with absolutely one of the best meals I have ever had!! So serious. Both of our dinners were to die for. Amazing food in a very nice restaurant. Savored every minute.
Sunday morning we got booted out of our hotel at 10am. So early for those of us who wanted to just enjoy sleeping. We got ready for church and took a stroll along the river before going to a Park City ward for sacrament meeting. I loved this spot we found. I thought the scenery behind was so nice for a picture. So we set the camera up on timer and had a little photo shoot. Too bad the sun is glaring in our eyes.
You know something about being with Scott Buchanan. He is lucky. Really. Things just happen for him. Lucky things that don't happen for most. All the time. I get to benefit from that. This was one of those. We had a few hours before needing to be back to the kids. I just wanted a quiet spot where we could lounge around, read our books, maybe take a little Sunday nap. So, Scott started driving. He drove into Midway and along the road he just turned at this sign that said "Memorial Hill". Neither of us knew what it was but we drove to the top and found this view!!! Breathtaking.
Seriously. It was the perfect spot. It was a war memorial with a little monument and park area. It was quiet and beautiful. We sat, we read, we snoozed, we enjoyed the last moments of quiet.
We were excited to go see the kids so we left our little getaway and went back to them. It was so much fun while it lasted. I was so thankful for the time to just be me and Scott alone together.


3 comments:
I really do love when you post about your vacations. Dad and I are going to Catalina Island this week, hope we have as much fun as you did.
Looks like a fabulous time! That really is a beautiful spot. Isn't it funny that luxury has turned into just getting sleep. Crazy.
How perfect for you! I'm so glad you finally, finally got a weekend away, just the two of you. It all looks fabulous. I loved reading about everything! Your coral pants and stripey dress are adorable. :)
Post a Comment