Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Utah vs. BYU

Game day came again for BYU vs. Utah. You know how that goes around here. I go scrambling through our drawers trying to find something in the colors of blue or red for each of us. I try to make it even with who is wearing blue or red. (We are too cheap to buy actual BYU or Utah clothing). I totally lucked out this year that Brie was ok wearing blue (first time). I really made a good attempt at getting Zachy to wear his U of U uniform because I knew how happy it would make Scott. He would not have it. Seriously. Soooooo, he wore the BYU uniform that he loves and we had to dig out of the dirty clothes. So filthy. 

Scott left early that morning to run from our house to his parents house. Yes, long run. We met him there and played in their backyard for the morning. We found this little old wagon. What a treasure.
And then we were off to the Saturday downtown Farmer's Market. We love making our way through this market. Today was a little different. It was still fun, but everyone was decked out in their University of Utah gear and our little family was a walking spectacle. Everyone thought it was so funny that we were so mixed. The fact that everyone else was for Utah got to Brielle. She started telling people, "My mom made me wear this." Next year we go to Provo to show her that I am not the ONLY BYU fan alive.

Our picnic of the goods we bought. Tomatoes, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, bread loaf and beet hummus.
Kate's lunch of carrots. Hmmmmmmmm?
WHAT?
Kid dominos.
That night was the game. A late game. We were able to feed the kids and leave them to Tawna to put them to bed. Thank heaven for Tawna. It was a late game and a long game. We got home at 1:30am.

Scott and Greg have season tickets together with two extra tickets. We were successful in convincing Cindy (a die hard BYU season ticket holder and fan) to actually enter the Utah stadium for this game. She did so with great trepidation. The two of us, in our BYU blue, sat sandwiched between Scott and Greg. It was a crazy game. Really, it was bad. And it ended bad. It was definitely fun to be there though.
We saw some of this. . .
and a little of this . . .
and hip hip hooray, look how close the new season tickets seats are to the guest team!!! I didn't feel so all alone in a sea of red. All those good BYU friends were sitting right by us. We could hear their band, see their cheerleaders and see the flags wave when the Cougars made a touchdown.
Utah won when BYU was given a chance to tie it. That is all I'll say about that.

No comments: