Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ninth Anniversary

Scott and I celebrated a LOVELY ninth anniversary. Heavenly actually, thanks to Tawna watching our kids. We woke up in the morning and went to the temple together to do sealings. It was a very special way to spend an anniversary - thinking about the words spoken to us the day we were married and the promises given to us. After we were finished, the sealer asked if we might want to sit together in the celestial room of the temple. Well, yes, that sounds wonderful. A perfectly peaceful, totally silent, beautiful room for just the two of us to sit together and have a real conversation in? A big thank you to him. 
And then, look at the hot date I had staring lovingly into my eyes from across the table at Cafe Trang after.
We spent the afternoon just hanging out with the kids before we ditched them again for some more anniversary fun.
We did a cheers to nine years with oyster shots (mine from Morro Bay) and then a seafood dinner.
Scott tackled the admirals platter. That crab was honestly so sweet and tasty!
An already really good day together ended just as good with an essential oil massage (peppermint) for each of us (with our Groupon of course). Mmmmmmmm . . . . perfect. It sure felt good at the time, but she worked so hard on some knots in my shoulders that I woke up the next morning feeling like I'd been punched in the back all night. Guess I need to relax.

So, so, so glad I married this man nine years ago. He has made my life happier than I could have ever planned or hoped for. He is an amazing husband to me and the most loving and fun father to our kids. I'm excited for many more happy years together. 

2 comments:

Rama said...

Congratulations to both of you. I'm so happy that Scott married such a beautiful wonderful girl!

Kam said...

You two are so cute. Your anniversary this year sounds like a GREAT celebration! The massage especially sounds lovely to me. Happy Anniversary!