Another temple has been built in Utah. It is beautiful. Once again, we had the chance to take our kids through the temple open house before it is dedicated this Sunday. We were looking forward to them getting to see the inside of the temple, showing them each room and talking to them about what happens there. While I'm glad we went and walked through the temple, the open house was not all I had hoped it might be.
We drove 1 1/2 hours to Brigham City. We were packed into the temple with soooooooooo many crowds of people. It was hot. We all just shuffled through quickly in a packed herd of people. You know those crowds where someone always has to say, "Moooo. Moooo."? (They didn't.) There was no stopping. No discussing. We were in and out in about 20 minutes. Not my best experience at an open house. As much as I love a beautiful temple, I would much prefer to go after it's dedication when it is peaceful and serene and a lovely place to be. Hopefully the kids will have better memories of it.
What I did love was watching my little Zachy walking through holding hands with Scott in his little booty shoe covers. Adorable.
The best part of that long evening was actually the dinner afterward at a local restaurant/diner that serves breakfast all day long! Woot. Woot. Veggie Omelet and hashbrowns at 8pm!
2 comments:
I love the first picture showing the temple and the beautiful temple grounds. It looks like you picked a nice day to go. A good experience for your little family.
What a beautiful temple. It looks gorgeous.
Interesting... I've heard three "reviews" of the open house experience there. All three have been somewhat negative -- lots of crowds, rush rush, not the most pleasant time inside. That's too bad. I'm sure part of it is because there are just so many people coming. Even still... hmmm.
Post a Comment