Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summa Summa Summa Time!

So, I'm a list maker. At the beginning of each summer I make my list of all the fun things we want to do during the summer. I have our days planned out around here and a couple of those days each week are for outings. We're slowly checking off our summa time list.

1. The Zoo - We went with Sarah, Aiden, Annie and Norah. It was fun, but I don't think the new dinosaurs went over very well with Ava.
2. Splash Park - We found a park with a splash pad with Playgroup. Yahoo!
3. Farmer's Market - Love the Farmer's market. We got fresh peas and cherries and grass fed beef. The Farmer's market means lots of good, fresh fruits and veggies at home. One of the best things about summer.
4. Bells Canyon - I decided to take the kids up on this hike on my own one day after swimming lessons. The hiking went well until we came to the river. It was RAGING! It was so full and roaring over the rocks. So we ate our lunch a good distance away and made our way back out.
5. Bees Game - Krista came with us to a Bees game when she was here. Beautiful park and beautiful night. The girls even each came home with a baseball.
6. Swimming - We've done lots of swimming in all kinds of places. One Saturday Greg and Cindy invited us and Landon and Sarah to swim . . . . in a torrential down pour. Here are the men and children hiding under the slide from the pounding rain. Nice eh?
7. Ferguson Canyon - Another outing with Krista, in the which she was quite sure she was going to die. This canyon was GORGEOUS. Definitely a new favorite (and so close).We woke the bears in their cave.
Picnic lunch.
The "Adventurers".
Some little indian girl hiking out in bare feet.

8. Liberty Park - Seven Canyons. I am Liberty Park's newest and biggest fan. It is so pretty. Seven Canyons was a kid's dream (until they get foot and mouth disease). They have each of our seven canyons and the water ways coming from them represented. The kids played forever and loved it.
9. Silver Lake (Playgroup) - This is a summertime tradition with Playgroup. This time was just as fun it just included a lot more water. The lake was so high. We stomped through it though and then the kids climbed on rocks while the moms hung out and talked. Perfect. 10. Birthday Parties - I think we have gone to a birthday party every week of the summer. They have been super fun, but you have to check this one out. It was the cutest princess tea party for a little friend of Ava's.
http://michellelunt.blogspot.com/2011/07/nellies-colorful-tea-party.html

4 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! And I thought our summer was great! I love each picture! I want to go to liberty park!

Randi said...

I wish I could have gone on all those hikes with you. Remember what a good hiker I am?

How was the grass-fed beef?

Sarah A said...

What a great summer! And it isn't even August!! Well done. I'm glad that we have been able to hang out with you so much. Cousins are the best!

Rama said...

What a fantastic fun summer you are having. The pictures are great, and the kids all look like they are having a wonderful time.