Ava totally loves being in the pool. She is so happy swimming around anytime we take her. I took her to swimming lessons though and she didn't want to go near her class, let alone look at them. I stayed close the first day. I told her she couldn't play in our pool at home while Brielle did later that day (because if you don't learn to swim you can't go in pools). We took her to the same swimming pool that night for FHE so she could get comfortable there. She swam and had a great time for hours. Second day of swimming lessons though . . . no way.
Why? Because her teacher (sweet teenage girl) was "so mean". And, "why are there boys in swimming lessons?" I bribed her into at least sitting on the step in the water. When her teacher or class came near though, she put her head down and wouldn't look at them. Third day, I got my money back and Ava wants to try again next year.
Ava on the step.
Pants.
1 comment:
That picture of Ava in the pool is heartbreaking! Next summer will be better!
Post a Comment