
Well, yes, I've decided to blog about Easter. It's all about keeping my blog books up to date.
So, Easter, hmmmm . . . . let me remember. It was fun. It's always fun around here when candy is involved. The Easter bunny came in the night and filled the kids baskets. Ava wasn't nearly as terrified of the idea of a large, hopping white bunny coming into our house this year. She now knows that the bunny is not allowed to come upstairs. Phew!

The girls woke up first and were thrilled to find their baskets all filled up. They immediately went searching for the eggs the Easter bunny hid.



Zachary woke up with a temperature of 102.6 degrees. He wasn't feeling great, but that did not stop him from searching for eggs, eating every piece of candy he got his hands on and feasting on hard boiled eggs for breakfast.





The Easter excitement came to an abrupt end when Ava, who had already filled herself with chocolate and jelly beans, tried to eat a whole hard boiled egg in one swallow. She gagged and then puked egg, chocolate and jelly beans all over! Yuck! I'm not sure Scott will ever eat an egg again.

Ava wasn't sick, just overzealous. So, the girls got bathed, dressed and ready to go to Stake Conference with Scott. Zachary was sick so he and I stayed home together watching Music and The Spoken Word and preparing Easter dinner.
(It was obviously just way too sunny for these two.)

(I thought these dresses were cute in Costco. I never imagined though that I would have daughters going to church in so much puffiness!)

Easter dinner was served at our house to Fred and Rama, Kory and Tawna, Landon and Sarah (and kids) and us. We had a huge spiral ham (that I have been using in everything from soup to casserole since), scalloped potatoes, fruit salad, roasted asparagus and strawberry shortcake for dessert.
A very nice Easter.
1 comment:
very fun!! I laughed out loud reading about poor Ava's "easter egg incident." Overzealous!?! ha!! That's a great descriptive word for that situation. We've got an overzealous eater at our house too -- Spence. The Easter dresses are cute, I think. You didn't like them?
Post a Comment