Sunday, May 08, 2011

Best Mother's Day Ever!

Surprise, surprise, but Brielle usually thinks Mother's Day is for her too. This Mother's Day she did make it about me (she gave me a card, a present, hugs, etc.), but she also gave a dramatic pout every time she got in trouble saying, "This is the WORST Mother's Day EVER!" Well, for me it was the best! I loved my day and now that it is Monday and I'm cleaning up oatmeal messes, doing laundry and breaking up fighting sisters I realize I am not quite ready to give up my "Queen For A Day" status. Can we do Mother's Day again please?

Top Ten Reasons Why I Loved Mother's Day:

1. We started early by celebrating Scott's mother, Rama, on Saturday. We knew she did not want a gift that she would have to store or dust, so Scott went over to her house Saturday to do any and all work she needed done around the house/yard. That evening we took Rama and Fred out to dinner and gave her a bouquet of flowers. I love Rama and really am so grateful to have her as a mother in my life and a grandmother to my children. She is wonderful at it.

2.
I got to sleep until 7:15 am on a Sunday morning. Scott and the girls brought me breakfast in bed, which was a bowl of cereal because we had to get us and the kids showered and ready for church at 9 am. Scott fed the kids, dressed the kids and got the bag ready. We even got to church early to set up Primary. Beautiful.

(an attempt at a Mother's Day picture after church. Yea, right.)

3. At church the men take over Primary for all the women so that we can go to Sunday School and Relief Society. Isn't that nice? They did a great job and it was wonderful to just sit back and relax in a class. Scott always takes on the job of conducting Primary, leading the songs and doing Sharing Time. He was great.

We (Primary Presidency) made a little something for the kids to wrap up and give to their moms for Mother's Day. They turned out so cute. I was happy having these on my kitchen table looking at those cutest faces that I love so much.

4. After church was when I got my favorite breakfast - waffles with strawberries and cream. These were even stepped up a notch by adding Nutella. Wow. They also made me a delicious dinner that evening - steak and veggie shish-ka-bobs. The best part was that they took 5 minutes to cook, 10 minutes to clean up. Awesome!
5. The rain. The quiet. Relaxing. Zachary took a long nap. The girls watched Tangled with Scott. I was cozied up in bed reading a little, snoozing a little and watching "Charlie St. Cloud" (so dumb). It was pure heaven.


6. I spent a rainy afternoon reading books with the kids, watching Scott wrestle on the floor with the kids, playing indoor basketball (in which Ava or Brie burst into tears at least every 5 minutes) and then an exciting game of hide and go seek around the house. My ears are still ringing from the shrieks and screams that were let out upon finding someone.
7. Watching Brie, Ava and Zach put on a "Mother's Day dance and puppet show". We had to have tickets to get in and yes, it was quite a performance.

8. A leg and foot massage from Brielle. Tawna has taught this girl well. Brielle really likes giving a massage and feels she is really good at it. And she is. She and Zachary rubbed lotion on my legs and feet while I laid on the floor. Zachary did a lot of tackling me and jumping on me too since I was so vulnerable. Kind of distracts from the massage, but what do you do?
9. Scott surprised me all day with my favorite treats - Dulce de Leche ice cream, chocolate covered pretzels, Funyons and Diet Pepsi.

10. We finished the glorious day with the kids in bed at 8pm and Scott and I sitting on the couch, watching the Finale of The Amazing Race!!! Perfect ending to a wonderful day. I love being a mom and I really LOVE Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Rama said...

It looks and sounds like a perfect and terrific Mother's Day! And thanks Scott for cleaning out our rain gutters before the rain began again--one less worry in my life.

Teresa said...

First off, I Love, Love those pictures you made for the Primary kids. I may have to do that for my own kids. And I don't usually like black and white pictures. I also love the leg rub you were getting. I got my hair brushed by the boys and they do great for about the first two minutes, after that it is pathetic. Those are one of the few times I think it would be nice to have a daughter. :-) It sounds like your Mother's Day was perfect.

Sue said...

I love the pictures of you and your kids as well as the primary gift. I am so happy that you had a great day!

Aaron and Jen said...

Thank you for the adorable gifts from the primary kids! I LOVE them! Sounds like you had a great mother's day! You deserve it!