Guess who came to visit!!! One of our most favorite people in this world, Randi Johansen. We were lucky enough to have her stay with us from Monday to Thursday last week. It was great to catch up with her and have someone around who laughs at all you say and makes you feel like you are the funniest person ever . . . . when really she is!
Most people come to visit and they want to do a hike or visit Temple Square or something, not Randi. Last time Randi came to visit she took us on a day trip out to a railroad in the middle of Utah where we had never been, to visit "where the East met the West". This time we loaded everyone in the mini van to drive to Wellington, UT and then Mt. Pleasant, UT. Ever heard of 'em? Yep, neither had we.
We went to Wellington to see a house that Randi's great, great grandfather built when he and his family were sent there from SLC to settle. The cabin was cool to find, but the real thrill for the kids was the park right behind it. It really was nice of Randi's ancestors to put that there. Our kids are begging to go on a trip back there!


I swung for about ten minutes and then had to sit down for 30, because the whole world was spinning. I was motion sick the rest of the day. Wimpy!



Wingers (kids eat free) for lunch!

On to Mt. Pleasant through some even smaller Utah towns. It was beautiful! Here we searched the cemetery for three of Randi's long lost ancestors. Two of which left Denmark on a boat to the US, married on the boat, then crossed the plains to settle here. Wow!







And a big thank you to Mt Pleasant for putting a park right by the cemetery.

Another day with Randi was not quite so exotic. We spent it at the Gateway where we met Scott for lunch. The kids got to give their Build a Bear animals a bath. Randi and I shopped the mall while the kids jumped/danced in rain puddles!





Can't wait to see where we go next time Randi! Thanks for the visit.
3 comments:
Oh how fun. Those are AWESOME picts, and it looks like you had a lot of fun together. I have to admit, I'm almost crying as I look at these pictures and read this. I'm so lonesome for Randi and you. I'm feelin' very left out... wanted to call while you were together, but didn't think I could stand it. Thanks for sharing it on your blog. Even if it makes me sad/happy. ya know? :)
Ditto, Kam! Randi Jo, if you're reading this, David will be in Iraq August 3. Start making your plans!!! And when can we all get together for a girls reunion? Seriously....
There ain't no party like an R-Train party...
Post a Comment