Friday, May 06, 2011

April Snow Day

So one week later (after Easter) on the last day of April we woke up to about 9 inches of snow. Shocked! I had no idea that was coming. I saw all that snow and my first reaction was to make hot chocolate and sit under blankets on the couch. Good thing these kids have a dad who wants to go play in the snow.

Scott went out to shovel the driveway and ended up shoveling a giant maze in our front yard. It was so cool. He just kept going with turns and dead ends until he covered the whole yard.I finished running on the treadmill and came outside to find our friends/neighbors out playing with Scott and the kids in the maze. Each child wanted to "race" through the maze. I had just finished running 6 miles and was a little beat, so those kids certainly dominated over me when it came to racing. My personal best through the maze was 41 seconds.

Later that day the snow was all melted and we went to meet our newest little baby cousin all the way from NY, Hannah, at Kangaroo Zoo.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love the snow maze! Scott should market it. And, do it when it won't melt the same day.