Friday, May 27, 2011

Cutting The Curls

Disclaimer: I realize there are far more pictures than necessary in this post just to document a first hair cut. I am just so in love with this kid, almost to the point of obsession. He is the cutest thing I have ever laid eyes on. I can't get enough of him. I just couldn't choose a couple pictures. P.S. I have more if you need more.

As cute as we thought Zachary's little blond baby curls were, we finally realized (much later than most) that he was looking like a mad man. His curls were everywhere or they were matted down in a rat's nest on the back of his head. Truth be told, we were trying to hold out so that he could wear a ponytail to Tawna's wedding. I couldn't last any longer and knew it was time to give the poor boy his first hair cut.

Lunch before the trip to Cookie Cutters:

Ramen on the nose.
Hiding for Peek-a-Boo with Ava.
PEEK-A-BOO!
Slurpppp! No one in our house does this. Who taught him?
We got to Cookie Cutters and Zachy ran right in and climbed up in a blue car. He was so excited. Ava watched him through the whole thing amazed at his bravery. She kept saying, "Zachy is being so brave."Sheering the first of those baby curls. So sad.
Ta da. He doesn't look like a baby any more. He now looks like a grown man. Still so cute.

7 comments:

Sarah A said...

Very cute. I can't wait to see him in person.

laura said...

His curls were cute, but having them gone... it allows me to concentrate on his gorgeous blue eyes.

Sue said...

I love every picture. The one shearing the curls is sad, but the haircut does show his gorgeous blue eyes.

Roger said...

I am a big fan of the missionary cut for the boy.

Rama said...

Zachary certainly is a handsome little boy, and he does have very blue eyes. He reminds me of Scott at this age, except that Scott had very straight hair--not a curl anywhere.

Aaron and Jen said...

I agree. His hair cut makes those beautiful blue eyes pop right out! I can't believe how big he looks! They grow up too fast!

Kam said...

Oh, I love first haircuts!! They just look sooo different after, eh?! He's a doll... curls or no curls.

I love your new "intro" pic! So cute and fun to see! I want to hear about the wedding. But I'm not sure you're back yet. Call me when you're home and "rested up" kay?