Sunday, May 16, 2010

Playgroup to Temple Square

Our playgroup went to run loose at, oh I mean visit, Temple Square. We all took our little kids, our strollers, our packed lunches and boarded TRAX (the train) and rode it downtown to visit the temple. It was the perfect time to go. The flowers were INCREDIBLE. I mean totally beautiful tulips and poppies and every other flower EVERYWHERE. We wandered around with the kids while the moms talked and tried to keep up with them. We stopped for a little picnic snack overlooking the temple. And then took some pictures of the kids on the bride and groom picture spot. Maybe we'll be back to that spot with two of them one day. I could only dream of one my girls marrying that cute Peterson boy.We were putting our cameras away and looked up to see that all the kids had taken off running full speed down the lawn and out of sight. Great. We went chasing after them only to find them admiring a bride through the gate.I told the girls that they each got to choose their favorite, prettiest place to take a picture. Here they are. Just a few of them.And finally, we packed it all up and headed home again on the train. Ava's favorite part was the train. She is still talking about riding on the "fast, white Thomas the Train". Loved it. Brielle's favorite was posing by every last, blessed flower found at Temple Square. I loved that everyone was sound asleep on the car ride home. Mmmmmmm. Fun filled day.

4 comments:

Roger said...

Beautiful pictures. As Brielle's mom, it seems that you have a life of taking pictures ahead of you.

Rama said...

What a beautiful day and a wonderful way to spend it.

Aaron and Jen said...

We had so much fun with you guys! It was a great day! Your pictures are so amazing!

Kam said...

Look at those little "posers" you've got!! The girls look so cute. And the flowers are gorgeous. I love poppies. And, I remember one fall at BYU I (maybe we??) helped plant all those tulips for the spring. They told me I should find a guy and plan a spring wedding, and then I could say I planted all the tulips for my wedding. Ha -- didn't happen, as you know! But I do love to see all the pics. Poppies, my favorite!