We actually made a weekend out of it. I would highly recommend this. Friday night Scott had a babysitter come over and took me out to my very favorite SLC restaurant, The Market Street Grill. I didn't think about calories and had delicious bread & butter, creamy clam chowder, Alaskan Halibut and absolutely amazing caramel ice cream for dessert. Wow! It was fun to be with Scott for dinner and the dinner itself was so good.
I told Scott some of the things I wanted to do on Saturday and he made that my day too. I got to go on a 4 mile run outside around the park and back in the morning. (I'll tell you one thing - running on the treadmill and running outside are not the same thing.) I came back and we all worked in the yard to get it cleaned up for spring. So happy that is done! Then Scott took Brielle shopping for some Mother's Day surprises while I stayed home with napping kids for the afternoon. Lovely. I watched a movie on TBS. Then I got to go have a pedicure. One of my favorite things to do.
That evening we met up with Melody, Jason and fam and Grandma for Mother's Day dinner #2 at Gardner Village. We all ate together and then walked around the little village together. It was fun to be with them and we are happy to have grandma back.
Me in my new necklace and my two poser girls. Where did they learn it? Do you see me posing like that?
How old is your Mom? 25
How much does your Mom weigh? 30 lbs.
What is your Mom's favorite color? fuschia
What is your Mom's favorite food? candy and vegetables
What is your Mom's favorite treat? chocolate
What do you do that makes your Mom so happy? help her
How does your Mom teach you about Jesus? Family Home Evening
What does your Mom do for you that you love the best? let's me play before dinner, let's me play at my friend's house and have a new pet puppy.
Why did Heavenly Father make mothers? so they could have babies.
How did Heavenly Father make mothers? made bodies, then light and dark
Why did Heavenly Father give you your mother and not some other Mom? my mother loves me the best.
What kind of little girl was your Mom? blonde hair
How did your Mom meet your Dad? In Boston. I think mommy went for a walk and found him.
Why did your Mom marry your Dad? So she could have babies and not be a kid so long.
What makes a really good Mom? that I was born first.
What's the difference between Moms and Dads? Mommy wears dresses. Daddy wears pants.
What does your Mom do in her spare time? types on the computer.
What's the difference between moms and grandmas? Grandmas have no kids and look kind of old.
Is there anything about your Mom that is perfect? She talks a little bit pretty and she sometimes lets me have a treat after dinner.
How much do you love your Mom? I love her all the way to Africa and back.
8 comments:
I love those answers.
Also, I've been trying to convince Mike that it's Mother's Day week. He's not buyin' it.
Wonderful! I especially love the questionnaire and the picture of the grandkids with Fred and Rama. You really had a fun filled weekend.
it sounds like I was a little lost puppy and just followed her home....sheesh!
That sounds perfect!
I can't believe how handsome and photogenic that little Zachary is. That picture of you with your breakfast in bed...I love his face.
We didn't really have Mother's Day. I guess I'm counting my new (old) house as my HUGE Mother's Day present. It was fun to live vicariously through your mother's day.
(And I'm going to have to talk to someone about that idea of the men taking over Primary. I think it's been done before in our ward, but forgotten. I will revive that practice!)
Love Brie's answers. I do that for our kids on Fathers day, but they are DONE after about 5 questions. I can't believe how many he did.
And Zachary is SOO stinking cute. I had to blow up that picture of all of you on the bed to show Brian his face. I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. to see him. Are you bringing him in June???
Sounds like you had a great day. I'm mostly jealous of the sleeping in. I was loading the kids in the car at 8:30am headed for church.
The Mother's Day answers are hilarious. Glad you had an awesome day and weekend!
I am glad that you "found" Scott. He takes such good care of you.
I want to see the "new pet puppy."
Is the kid on your lap, on the bed, Gene Simmons?
So if I'm ever Primary president again, I'm totally envoking the day off on Mother's day for all the primary workers. Awesome idea; Brie's answers are so precious. Love her!
Post a Comment