Sunday, December 27, 2009

Zachary's Blessing Day

Little Mr. Zachary Scott Buchanan was blessed by Scott on December 27. It was really a good day. Zachary looked super cute in his little white outfit. He fell fast asleep right before going to be blessed so he was nice and quiet. Scott gave him a sweet and beautiful blessing just for him. We had two of Scott's brothers and all three of my brothers and our dads here with us to bless him. Perfect. Really, perfect.
After church we had everyone come to our house for lunch. I made Market Street Grill's clam chowder in bread bowls, a spinach pomegranate salad and shortbread for dessert. It was so nice to spend the afternoon together with our families. We really appreciate all of them being there. We love Zach and were happy to have a special day to celebrate him.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't realize how much he looked like Brielle!! Wow! My next question, how did Scott hold him up long enough to bless him?? Big boy! So cute!

laura said...

He looks SO much like Brie. Crazy.
That's incredible that you had so many male family members to share this day with you.
Evan- I beg of you... STOP making that face!!!

Sue said...

He just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Great pictures. I especially love the one of the Dads, Brothers, Scott and Zach.

Teresa said...

What an awesome blessing day. To have so many family members be a part of that blessing is wonderful. And yes, that boy does look just like Brielle. :) Good job on making so much food and hosting all those people Alicia. Seems like you are in the perfect spot. Can't wait to meet little Zach one day!

PS- Evan, at least do us a favor and come up with something new?

Roger said...

Scott,
You did do a great job blessing your son. I will mention that you were not distracted by a monster flower strapped to his head or any screaming.
Alicia,
You are such a wonderful hostess. You have the baby, take care of Primary and feed all of us. I admire you.
Congratulations to both of you and thanks for your goodness.

Kam said...

He is absolutely gorgeous. And yes, he looks just like Brielle-- Brian and I both said that as we looked at all the pictures. Oh, I wish we could come for a visit sometime soon, so we could finally meet Baby Zachary.