It has been a very long time (maybe even 13 years) since I have been at my parent's house for Thanksgiving. We loaded the kids in the car and drove down to California for Thanksgiving this year. It was good to be back.
We drove straight to Los Angeles and met mom, dad, Bryce, Evan, Krista, (Tawna was with us), Laura, Brian and Skinner kids at the temple. It was their temple night, so Scott and I joined them. We have not been back to this temple since we were married there. I love the L.A. Temple. Scott was so excited to be back that he went searching for the man (Donald E. Baxter) who married us. No luck. It was still nice to be back, now with three kids, and especially nice to be with my family.

We all stayed in the apartments there and went to the beach the next day. Santa Monica pier and beach looked and felt so good to those of us who had just left the cold in Utah. Loved it!
Of course Brie went right to letting loose and dancing to the street performers there. She could make us good money if we lived on the 3rd Street Promenade.




Look what the girl dragged in from the ocean. Could we take it home please?



Thanksgiving Day came and although is was a beautiful 70 degrees outside we never saw the outside of the kitchen. We cooked, we ate, we cleaned and it was marvelous. The dinner was so good. What made it such a great day was being with 6 of my 8 siblings, cooking with my mom, watching the cousins running crazy, and of course Scott singing "Today's Thanksgiving day and we'll have a treat . . . ". So fun.

Kid Table.


Laura even crafted with the kids. They made turkeys of Oreos, rolos and candy corn and then immediately gobbled them up. I just went straight for the Oreos.





Happy Thanksgiving!
7 comments:
Very cute blog! We loved the business, thanks for coming down.
It really was so great being together. Thanks for making the drive.
After seeing the picture of everyone at the dinner table, I think I know where Blake gets his smile. Very nice Brian.
What a wonderful Thanksgiving you all had! The pictures show so many happy smiles. I'm glad you got to go to the temple again. I'm also glad you made it back home safely.
Woohoo! Sounds like a great Thanksgiving Holiday. And the addition of the temple and beach sound wonderful. I would have loved to be there, but of course that would have just made things more hectic, and I have decided I have to make sacrifices to live on this side of the country. I am glad you all got to be together.
Looks like tonz of fun! I'm so jealous....70 degrees! Maybe we'll need to take a road trip! :)
Please don't wait another 13 years. You didn't mention all the good times at Magoos Pizza.
Post a Comment