8. The Nutcracker. We got dressed up and I took Brielle to see a local production of The Nutcracker. She was captivated, just like I thought she would be. We were third row, right in the middle and she sat mesmerized the whole time. She asked, with a lot of excitement, about each character and what they were doing. Afterward we got to go to "Clara's Caper" and met Clara and the others. She thought it was AMAZING!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Countdown continued . . .
6. Gingerbread Train. We built a gingerbread train. Those kits from the store are certainly not delicious, but they are so easy! Loved it. Ava, on the other hand, really did think it was delicious. She, of course, had more in her mouth than on the actual train. A frosting free for all. Brielle later bought animal cookies to put in the back of the train.

7. Sending Christmas Cards. I didn't send a letter, I just put a cute picture on a Costco Christmas card and sent them out. I wish I could have been more personal, but I just didn't have the time to do it. This was easy and I am glad that our Christmas cards are out to wish everyone a merry Christmas. It's always nice to get that list of addresses out and think about so many friends from the past.
8. The Nutcracker. We got dressed up and I took Brielle to see a local production of The Nutcracker. She was captivated, just like I thought she would be. We were third row, right in the middle and she sat mesmerized the whole time. She asked, with a lot of excitement, about each character and what they were doing. Afterward we got to go to "Clara's Caper" and met Clara and the others. She thought it was AMAZING!

9. Getting a Christmas Tree. Scott and the girls picked a lovely Christmas tree to bring home. We all love a real tree. We love the smell and the feel of a real tree, but the pine needles are everywhere and Scott had quite a wrestling match with the thing trying to cut the bottom. It's up now and lookin' good though.
10. Decorating the Christmas Tree.
8. The Nutcracker. We got dressed up and I took Brielle to see a local production of The Nutcracker. She was captivated, just like I thought she would be. We were third row, right in the middle and she sat mesmerized the whole time. She asked, with a lot of excitement, about each character and what they were doing. Afterward we got to go to "Clara's Caper" and met Clara and the others. She thought it was AMAZING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love your activities! How did you get to meet the dancers of the Nutcracker? Beautiful tree.
We always had a live tree when our boys were at home. It was fun to go out on a freezing afternoon to pick one together. One year when I bought one after dark, I looked at it the next morning on the patio and decided it was ugly, so I returned it and got my money back. The boys have never let me forget that one. Now an artificial tree is so much easier for just the two of us. Your live tree looks great!
Sue bought and decorated our two trees with no assistance from me. That is a great Christmas gift!
I love your countdown to Christmas activities. Do you do advent as well? And I am very excited about the productions you take Brielle to. I would love to do stuff like that, but I would take the three older boys, and it gets so pricey.
I hope you are having a relaxing couple of days until Christmas. I still plan on calling you back at some point, so be waiting for it. :)
Post a Comment