Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!

After Christmas we got to have my parents, Jessica, Bryce, Evan (sort of) and Krista here visiting for the week. It was good times, as usual. And included a lot of good dinners, as usual. One evening my Dad brought home king crab legs and scallops for dinner. Delish! We honestly love having family here with us. We got to spend New Years with Mom and Krista. Everyone else had ditched us by then to party with other friends. We had a pretty good party of our own though. We did cheese fondue for dinner . . . . . . and then watched the ball drop in NYC and celebrated the New Year at 10:30 pm (NY time). It was perfect. We were out banging pots and pans and even lighting fireworks at 10:30. Then off to bed for the kids and Scott and off to a movie for me, Mom and Krista. I think this is a great tradition until the kids can catch on to it. It was great!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

4 comments:

Sue said...

You are wonderful party throwers. I love the before and after picture of Ava.

Kam said...

oh how yummy!! that fondue looks absolutely scrumptious!! And the pots and pans, and the movie... good times! Wish we could have been there. miss you.

Jessica said...

um, Ava looks completely confused by the pot and pan banging, Frankly I don't blame her. Where did that tradition start? The fondue looks good though.

Roger said...

Hey, I didn't ditch. I would never miss an Alicia party, unless I was too exhausted.
I was sharing a bottle of Martinellis with my mom. By the look on Ava's face, I did OK. And besides, it was a lot nicer for you to have the fondue (salt bomb) without me.