Saturday, May 02, 2009

Lotsa Pictures Of . . . . DISNEYLAND!

Two of our days in California were spent at Disneyland and California Adventure. It was SO MUCH FUN! We have figured this Disneyland going thing out. We go in April. The weather is perfect (as in 73 degrees) and there is no crowd (we walked on many rides or stood in line for maybe 5 - 10 minutes). We go all day until it closes, usually packing in the roller coasters at the last minute when we've worn the kids out. Then we stay the night at a hotel right across the street (we park there too) for only $49 a night!! We go with California residents so that they can get us a 2fer pass (Disneyland and California Adventure for the same price as just to get into Disneyland). The next day we go all day to California Adventure. Have a great time. Then drive tired and sleeping children home. Love it! Here are the pics:Ava, after clinging to me and crying in fear of the Buzz Light Year ride.
Kea and Brie "finding Nemo" in the submarines.
Strollers, strollers, strollers!
Kea and Brie locked up in Toontown.
This cracks me up. It looks like Brie is trying to smile, but is a little terrified that Goofy is going to poke her eye out.
The princesses. Oh my goodness, the princesses. If I could, I would avoid this all together, but Brie and Kea know that they are there. Remember how I said there were no lines, well except the 1 hour and 45 minute line to meet the princesses. Just to meet them! I stood in it. Brielle and Kea LOVE LOVE LOVED meeting them and that was the highlight of Disneyland for Brie. I guess it was worth it.
Aaaaaaaa! Teacups!Ava spent a lot of time riding on Scott's shoulders and "drumming daddy's head".
The girls and I soaring on Dumbo.
What did I say? We rode Space Mountain twice in the last 20 minutes and here are the girls and Tawna crashed out waiting for us.

CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE - Day 2I know it's blurry, but look how much fun they are having.Good thing these rides didn't make Scott and my mom sick. They took the kids on every single ride . . . . two or three times!Lila's chariot.Blake picking up on Ava down at the local gas station.Climbing through the Redwood trees. We loved this place.
Those brave enough road the rapids and got soaking wet!Laura, Brian and Scott got shot straight up in this thing. I say, no way!The end to a good day!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Love it! Oh, that looks like so much fun. It sounds like you have come up with the perfect Disney trip. I am glad you got some pics that Laura can remember her trip by also.

Did Brielle change in to a princess costume when she meet them? That is awesome that she got to meet the princesses.

Kam said...

That sounds like you guys had a blast. I love the pictures of the princesses. You were a trouper to wait it out with Brie. She looks like she's in heaven!