Mother's Day was quite the day - busy and wonderful! It didn't start with breakfast in bed, it started with me heading straight to the kitchen and busily working to check things off of my list. The night before was spent planning Sharing Time and cutting out construction paper to prepare a craft for the Primary to make for their mothers. My first thought was, shouldn't Mother's Day be relaxing and I be pampered all day? I soon changed my tune. I really did love Mother's Day.
Scott made me exactly what I wanted for breakfast. Waffles with fresh strawberries, bananas and whip cream. Absolutely delicious!


He also gave me a BEAUTIFUL arrangement of flowers that Brie picked out. She picked them out for me AND FOR HER.

Scott surprised me with just what I wanted for a Mother's Day gift - a patio set. Yeah!! I think I've wanted this for 3 years now. Pictures to come. I'm thrilled and can't wait to have meals (that Scott grills) outside on the deck.
A happy moment was when everything on my "to do before church" list was completed, the girls had been bathed and dressed by Scott and we were all ready (with no rushing or yelling) to go to church on time. Hooray!
The BEST was that at church (by the way, Mother's Day should not be on Sunday if you are Mormon) all the men took over all of the women's callings. Sooooooooooooooooooo . . . can you believe it? Scott took over the Primary! He conducted, he did Sharing Time, he made a craft with the kids for their mothers. And I got to sit back, with Ava in nursery and Brie in Primary, and enjoy Sunday School and Relief Society! It was amazing. The best gift he could have given me. It really was so nice and I appreciated him so much.
Each child made a few lilies of different colors. The lilies were made by cutting out a tracing of their hands.
As soon as we got home from church, we got all the food in the oven and set the table for Scott's family (mom, dad, Brian, Rachel and kids) to come over for Mother's Day dinner. It was so fun to have them. We had parmesan breaded chicken, red potatoes, asparagus, tomatoes, rolls and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Delicious!
Of course, having family over for dinner made the day more busy, but I really was so happy to do it. I love having a dinner party. I have plenty of nice days with just Scott and the girls, I was happy to celebrate the day with Scott's family and especially to cook dinner for his mom. I LOVE his mom. She is the perfect example of a good mother. She works hard to serve all of us always, she has raised sons to be exceptional fathers and husbands and she shows us so much love. Happy Mother's Day to her.

And then Scott cleaned it ALL up!

While I did this (because I couldn't get a hold of my own mother). The perfect end to a truley wonderful day!

I love being a mother and am so grateful for the opportunity! It is a hard job, but it's exactly what I want to be doing. I love my two little girls and am thrilled for number three to join us. I hope all of you had a nice Mother's Day as well.
2 comments:
That was a delicious, WONDERFUL dinner you served on Mother's Day. Your cooking is the best! Thank you for the compliment and also for being such a great daughter-in-law, wife and mother of two beautiful little daughters. We're so happy that you joined the Buchanan family. Love you.
Funny, we did the SAME craft in Primary with our kids. Great minds think alike!
Post a Comment