Thursday, May 21, 2009

Preschool & Playgroup

It turned out that this month I was in charge of both a preschool day and a playgroup day. Today was playgroup, so they are both now done. Yea! They were both very fun days and here are the pictures to show it.

Preschool: We have a small, little group that we do "Joy School" with every other week. I really like the lessons of Joy School. They are really fun for this age when they just need to be playing. My day was "The Joy of The Earth". We had made little "view finders" the week before and we made "bug motels" that day. We took both and went on a nature walk. We walked on a trail through the park and pointed out birds, clouds, trees, sky, dogs, etc. Everything we saw.

We came upon some dandelions, so they picked them and blew them. Brie is modeling the use of the view finder.
Then we found an ant hill. Poor, poor ants. They were busily working and then got buried in and stomped on by these kids.
We made it to the top of the hill and played "duck, duck, goose" and then laid back to see the shapes the clouds made in the sky. I saw a dragon. We then rolled or tried to roll down a huge hill.We made it to the playground and had a picnic of fruits and vegetables that come from nature: kiwi, pineapple, grapes, zucchini, carrots, cucumbers.
Ava's mouth "stuffed" with one little grape.
Playgroup: Today was playgroup. We do playgroup every other week with the moms and kids from church. It is so fun every time. The moms do such a great job, all the kids come and we are always looking forward to it. Today the theme was "Once Upon A Time".

The kids all came dressed up in costumes of princesses, pirates, cowboys, super heroes, etc. Whatever they wanted. I had Disney Princess music playing hoping for a little dance party, but they all went straight to playing.We then did our crafts. The girls decorated princess crowns with LOTS of stick on jewels and the boys made noodle swords. It was then time to eat. I made two big fruit pizzas. Nice lunch, huh? They were yummy.Then we broke out the bubbles. We had lots of little bubbles and big bubbles being blown by moms and then each of the kids got a bottle to blow bubbles. Lots of bubbles and lots of bubble soap spilled out on the grass. It will be interesting to see what happens when the sprinklers come on.The chalk came out, the swing sets were a hit and everyone just played.And the highlight of it all . . . Brie finally got her hands on Natalie's Snow White costume. One happy girl.

3 comments:

Kam said...

That looks AWESOME!! Your girls have NO IDEA how great a party their mom can throw... but they're probably starting to get the picture, with all these fun things. Looks like a really fun time, and that fruit pizza looks DIVINE. yum!!

Sarah A said...

Thanks for letting me crash your party. Aiden and Anne had a great time. Aiden woke up and said he wanted to go to playgroup again. I'm so excited that we live here now and get to see you so much!!

Teresa said...

I thought I saw Sarah in those pictures. Very cool, I am so glad she got to hang out with you and the girls.
The parties look awesome, and like so much fun. I needed an idea for sword making, I will have to look that one up.