We're back from our Christmas in Cali. This year we drove to my parent's house in California to celebrate Christmas and New Year's with most of the
fam.
We left driving after work on December 23 to go half way, trying to avoid a big snowstorm coming in. Ava and Brie were cozy in pajamas and slept almost the whole way. Yahoo! Ava was in her brand new (purchased that day) forward facing car seat for the first time. It's crocodile pattern to stick with the animal theme.
Christmas EveWe showed up on my parent's door step just in time for the Christmas Eve festivities. I LOVE Christmas Eve at home. In the past it has been an evening to read about, sing about and bear testimony of Jesus Christ as we celebrate His birth. This year is was a three ring circus! We ate and then did the traditional reading of the Bible as we acted out the nativity story.

Brie started out as Mary. When she saw
Kea in my mom's wedding dress though, she immediately jumped on wanting to be an angel with her. I took on the role as Mary. Brie then became the star standing on the dining room table. Meanwhile, Ava was taking every single ornament off of the tree one by one and I was trying to get all the breakables from her. During the singing of O' Holy Night a fist fight broke out because the other kids were touching the
Wisemen from the nativity displayed on the table and Brie "had put them to bed". They were supposed to be sleeping. Then Davin and Blake started kicking and throwing the stuffed sheep across the room. Crazy! Three ring circus!


We also sprinkled "Magic Reindeer Food" on the lawn for Santa's reindeer and frosted cookies for Santa.


Christmas MorningOn Christmas morning Scott and I woke up and were all excited and then had to sit and wait. And wait. For about an hour. Until finally everyone else woke up.

From Santa, Ava and Brie both got new strollers and new baby dolls. The fought so much over the one baby stroller we had that it broke. Now they each have their own and Ava has a tiny baby that fits her and Brie has a doll that dresses up like a princess and a ballerina just like her. Scott got a new Utah sweatshirt. And I got an 8 man tent!!! Sweet! I am so excited to go camping this summer.


The present opening began and lasted for hours. A good time was had by all!





1 comment:
I looks like a wonderful Christmas for everyone. There is nothing better than a Christmas with little children. They make the holiday extra special. Rama
Post a Comment