I need help figuring out how to excersise again. I always ran on the treadmill while Ava took her morning nap, but she doesn't take a morning nap anymore. So, then I got serious about how desperately I wanted a double jogging stroller. I have wanted one so bad (especially while I was running up hill in August pushing my sit 'n stand with both girls in it). So, I'm the luckiest girl ever . . . I found a woman on Craigslist who wanted to trade her double for my single. YAHOO!!!!!!! Here is the new beauty. I am thrilled!!! But, I got it as it turned very cold and snowy outside. 
So, I need some suggestions of excersise you have done with your kids awake and playing around you? Like, do you have any good recommendations for excersise DVDs? What type of excersise is good to do along with a DVD? Please help.
Speaking of weight . . . I took Ava for her 15 month appointment yesterday and she gained 2 lbs!! Yipee! All the whole milk and slabs of butter are working. She now weighs 17 lbs. 9 oz. Good job Avers!!
11 comments:
When you find some good exercises, please share them with me--I need them much more than you do. I especially need one to flatten my stomach--but not until after the Christmas parties and goodies are gone.
There is a program here called "Baby Boot Camp" that might have a franchise there. You take your child (or two) with you and exercise with them in tow in the stroller. I watched them once at the park -- utilizing the stroller for stretches, facing the kids doing arm curls, pushing the stroller on short sprints, etc.
I never did well with dvds as the kids always wanted to participate in ways that made it harder to actually exercise.
R
I like Jilian's (from the Biggest Loser) workout and I am thinking about ordering Tracy Anderson's DVD (trainer who got Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna in shape)..I als love any DVD's from Kathy Smith.
Good Luck.. I think you look great!
I can tell you how to put on 15 to 20lbs if you want?
The only video I have found that I really like is Pilates. I memorized the video and did it at night while I watched TV- after the kids are in bed.
About real working out... For ME, I don't think you can get a good work out in with young kids around. Too many distractions- 30 minutes of cardio turns into an hour. It's annoying, but that's why I would go at 5am to the gym. It's hard to get up at first, but you get used to it and then you don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day. I like my own personal time- just me and my IPOD, with no diaper changing, bottle filling, breaking up fights, etc. IT's worth the early wake up- to me. You could just get up 45 minutes earlier and do some cardio right in your house.
I am lucky enough not to have snow, so I run with the double jogger. If you want to run when the weather gets warmer, I highly recommend this product:
http://www.stroll-smart.com/
It makes running SOOOO much easier. I love mine!
I like my Pilates DVDs a lot. You don't really feel like you're doing much besides putting your body in odd positions for a half hour to an hour, but then two days later when you try to breathe and it makes you cry a little, you realize how much it kicked your butt. In a good way.
Alicia, I really like doing Zumba. It is a dance workout and it is a lot of fun and hard work until you learn all the moves. Jazlyn does it with me and Keanah dances and laughs at me... Good Luck girl we are both in the same boat Lol...
Oh alicia, that was hilarious. Kids will say the funniest things! Good luck on Christmas morning with Brie's christmas list. Zoey just wants literally EVERYTHING she sees on TV. Hey, when you figure out the exercise thing let me know too!
Yeah, I have no exercise advice, but I never did tell you how AMAZING you looked when you were here! Good for you! Also, I saw this post and how little Ava Potata weighs probably what my baby will weigh at 4 months old. She's a peanut! He certainly did not get fat on my milk, it was aaaall about the formula. He's one hungry little dude.
My mom bought me Lindsay Brin's box set of DVD's when I was pregnant..there are four in the set. One for each trimester, then a post-baby boot camp! All of the DVDs are really good, if you can stand the repetition of doing them after the newness wears off. Obviously, I haven't used mine in awhile, but they're good!
Post a Comment