Friday, December 12, 2008

Santa . . . We've Got A Problem.

Yesterday afternoon, during Ava's nap, Brielle and I watched Santa Claus Is Coming To Town. Afterward, we wrote her letter to Santa. She wanted me to "do the abc's" and then she "decorated" the letter. She told me EXACTLY what to tell Santa. She asked for the same toy that she has been asking for for weeks now. It's the only thing she wants for Christmas. The problem is . . . . there is no such thing. It honestly does not exist. She made it up and now that is all she wants for Christmas.

I don't know where it came from. She has seen the Backyardigans maybe a couple of times. She's never seen a Backyardigans kitchen and pool, but she has it all imagined out in her head. I guess the water from the sink sprays into a pool and music plays. We've searched and we can not find anything like this. So, Santa is bringing something different and hopefully our 3 year old is so excited by it that she forgets all about the Backyardigans kitchen and pool.

Oh, she also wants a toy elephant with donkey feet that sings. Hmmmmm????

3 comments:

Roger said...

Tell her to show you a picture of it in a catalog. Otherwise, just get the singing elephant with donkey feet.

Teresa said...

Love it! I was just laughing as I read Steve your post. We have never run in to that problem, but then again we have no children that are even close to as imaginative as Brielle. What a fun person to have in your family.

Aaron and Jen said...

That is so funny! Good luck with that one!