Monday, November 03, 2008

Random

Twilight

I finally finished the book Twilight. I know, many of you finished it so long ago and have now read all four books. I've had it sitting here forever and finally picked it up and read it. I promised Tawna I would read it before the movie comes out. I did it!

My thoughts: I liked it. It was a good, entertaining book. I didn't get into it nearly as much as other people have. I'm not sure why. Maybe all the talk before reading it. Maybe because his cold, marble skin was not attractive to me. I don't know. I think I'll continue with the next book, but I'm not sure yet. Here's why.

I have no idea how a mother of young children can read books. I would love to read books. Lots of them. I'm not sure how to do it. I am taking care of, feeding, playing with, reading to, cleaning up messes of etc. etc. kids from 7:30 am until 8:00 pm. Ava does take a nap, but then I give Brie some Mom time or exercise or clean a bathroom or do some laundry or clean a floor, etc. etc. By the time they are in bed, Scott is home and I want to hang out with him. How do you do it????

Mama Mia

I did find something I LOVED! I went to see the movie Mama Mia again in the theater. And loved it again! It's such a fun movie. The music is fun. The dancing and singing is entertaining. The place in Greece is somewhere I MUST go! I just love that everyone in the theater is soooooo totally into it. When Scott and I saw it (the first time) it was a sing-a-long. Hilarious. And I probably like it because when Scott and I saw the Broadway production, that was the night I told him I loved him for the first time.

Daylight Savings Time

Getting to have an extra hour when you move the clock back in the fall is not nearly as exciting or wonderful when you have little kids that still mosey into your room at 6:15 am not realizing the time change.

Voting

I am anxious for tomorrow. I am excited to cast my vote. Good luck to all of you who have not done so already. I really hope that good and wise leaders are chosen for our country, states and communities. I will be praying for Prop 8 in California to pass. My family and all those I know have put in so much time (holding signs on street corners, knocking doors, making phone calls), money, emotion, sacrifice and effort to have this pass in their state. It is very important to them and to me that it does.

2 comments:

laura said...

I've said the same thing about reading. People say, "some watch TV, some read". That doesn't work for me. I RARELY sit on the couch and watch TV. I'm either folding laundry, doing dishes, dusting, etc. For me, book reading only comes on vacations. How sad.
The election. I'm so anxious for tomorrow. That's a benefit of the west coast. By the time we go to bed, most states are pretty much counted. We will have to see if all of our hard work payed off.

Kam said...

I'm not too good at reading, either. I do it occasionally, but find myself feeling guilty at all that stuff you mentioned that I SHOULD be doing, so it doesn't happen often.

Twilight -- if you didn't love the first one (I didn't), you might get bored with the others (I did). I also did NOT find Edward's marble cold skin and hard body at ALL attractive. By the end of the third, I was also VERY tired of so much mushy-mush lovey-dovey talk about how in love they were. I always thought I was a romantic, but maybe I'm not so much anymore because that got old fast.

Daylight savings -- we started a training program with our kids last week, keeping them up all hours so they'd start sleeping later. It's worked so far! Just don't let them go to sleep before 10 pm or so.

great to hear your random stuff.