Now Ava's turn. This girl is cracking me up too. And sometimes making me crazy too. I just absolutely adore little Ava
Potata! She is such a mama's girl. She is sometimes willing to play or run around with Brie, but usually, if she is not in my arms she has her arms gripped around my legs and is begging to be held. I love that she always wants to be snuggled up to me.
- Ava is getting all bruised and banged up. She started really walking everywhere right at 13 months and then went straight to running. She tries to keep up with Brie, but if anything is in her way (or if not) she topples over very easily. She has had lots of falls and lots of rug burn on her cheek.
Part of all these crashes is her own fault. Ava thinks it is so funny to run around with a towel on her head. She drapes it over her face and tries to walk around and find whoever she can. As she wanders, looking to "get" someone, she ends up running into walls, the table, the cabinets, etc. It is hilarious!


- Ava has three OBSESSIONS: books, shoes and saying prayers.
She always wants to pray! If she sees food and especially if you are going to put that food in your mouth, Ava folds her arms and says, "uh, uh". As soon as she sits down in her high chair she does the same thing. And then continues a few more times during the meal wanting to say more prayers. We never forget to pray at a meal these days. She is also very excited to throw her arms in the air when we all say "amen".

Ava is also totally obsessed with reading books. She almost always has a book in her hand that she is throwing at someone to read to her. She spends a good long time working her way into your lap, settling in there just right. She'll look at a few pages of a book with you and then she's off to get another one. And the process starts all over again. Over and over and over again.


Ava also LOVES shoes. When I get her socks and shoes out she giggles with excitement. When I sit her down to put them on she gets even more giddy. If she sees my shoes or Scott's or Brie's shoes around the house, she sits forever working on getting them on and then trying to walk in them. She is absolutely thrilled with herself if she finally gets a shoe on.

And . . . hip hip hooray . . . Ava is now only taking an afternoon nap. This ruins my work out routine that I have had going. I'm not sure what to do now. I do like getting out in the morning and then a quiet, peaceful afternoon though. So now, Brie and Ava are able to watch "Kids Songs" together while I run to take a shower. So cute.
4 comments:
Your kids are too cute! Thanks for taking them trick or treating to my parents house, they were thrilled to see them.
Ava has a personality of own now. She's certainly a sweet little girl.
Very funny little girl. Gosh, she is a lot like Zoey in some ways. I can't get anything done, not because of Colston, but because Zoey has to be right by my side CONSTANTLY! I can't leave the room without her coming and finding me.
It's been too long since I've left comments, so you get a whole string of them here...
1. I love Ava's little pants in the picts where she's running around with the towel on her head. Samantha had those same pants (from Costco?), and she also LOVED wearing a towel and bumping into everything. hilarious!
2. Sad that the morning nap is going, but at least then you can get out in the mornings... that's always nice, right?
3. I'm very glad to see you're wearing blue at the BYU game. I never can be sure what I'll see from you on the True Blue front, but you done us all proud at that game, glad you had such good company.
4. I can't believe you have such a picky Princess when it comes to dresses! That is so funny, and you did a GREAT job picking cute wintery dresses for Brie. I think I'd go craaaazy. But then, Sam had her swimsuit on today and wanted me to put water in the pool outside, so I guess she's not that far off?
5. Happy Birthday to Scott. It's today, and I'm going to write to him on facebook. But just in case I forget, here it is, Scootie -- hope yours has been a happy day, complete with the traditional pink cupcakes!
Post a Comment